- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The sacred bond:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- GOP rebranding update: All 'Chevez's' look alike, by kos
- The Daily Kos community selected the Freakshow Four in the 2013 March to Madness Tournament, hosted by Jed Lewison
- Book review: David Neiwert's "And Hell Followed With Her," by Susan Gardner
- The real, but unknowable, path to a Democratic House majority, by Steve Singiser
- On Anthony Lewis, by Armando
- When a nation says "We are sorry," by Denise Oliver Velez
- What do we do after we win, by Dante Atkins
- From the "I'm taking my ball and going home" files in assholery:
Ireland's Catholic bishops are threatening to stop solemnizing heterosexual marriages if gay marriages are legalized. The warning came in a submission to the Constitutional Convention.
- A blast from the recent past of the latest savior of the rightwingnuttia:
An unusual controversy has erupted at Emory University over the choice of famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson to deliver this year’s commencement address because he does not believe in evolution.
Nearly 500 professors, student and alumni signed a letter (see full text below) expressing concern that Carson, as a 7th Day Adventist, believes in creationist theory that holds that all life on Earth was created by God about 6,000 years ago. It rejects Darwin’s theory of evolution, which is the central principle that animates modern biology, uniting all biological fields under one theoretical tent, and which virtually all modern scientists agree is true.
- Speaking of the nanny state:
A pair of Republican lawmakers want to make it harder to get a divorce in North Carolina by making estranged couples wait longer and go to counseling. [...]
If the couple has children, they would have to take at least a four-hour class on the impact of divorce on children.
- Rumor has it:
Looks like there will be a Camelot East — make that Far East: Caroline Kennedy is heading to Tokyo to be the U.S. ambassador. Kennedy, whose support for President Obama during his 2008 campaign was seen as crucial, had been widely talked about as a candidate for the plum diplomatic post, but now things have apparently been firmed up.
- Strange bedfellows.
- Today was the annual Easter egg hunt at the White House and the Kenyan socialist was up to his old tricks:
- This is pretty funny: Infomercial gifs.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, we went on without Greg Dworkin this morning, but... Ha! April Fool! He was totally on the show. Ha! April Fool again! No, he wasn't! We hit yesterday's Google doodle freak-out, then turned to Hill budgeting & spending processes. Armando rounded-up a Jeff Sachs op-ed complaining Obama isn't doing stuff he's doing, bankrupt companies paying big bonuses, and immigration polling from Pew. Then, GideonAB on Senate voting procedure, the filibuster threat on guns, 2014 prospects & more. Lastly, Meteor Blades' post on controversy over nominations to the MS Board of Public Health.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...46 comments 185 Recs
- FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...123 comments 560 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 272 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.