You can donate to Markey's campaign here:Elizabeth Warren is already proving to be the progressive Senate leader so many MoveOn members were counting on when we got behind her campaign in 2011. She hasn't wasted any time taking on the big banks and standing up against any cuts to Social Security benefits.
MoveOn members helped propel Elizabeth to the Senate by raising more than $1 million for her campaign—and now we've got a chance to double down on her leadership and send another progressive leader to the Senate from Massachusetts: Ed Markey. He's running in the Democratic primary for the special election to fill Secretary of State John Kerry's seat in just three weeks.As a member of Congress, Ed Markey has been a national leader on progressive issues. He's been a fierce defender of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Obamacare, and a strong champion of a woman's right to make her own decisions about her reproductive health—and now MoveOn members have endorsed his campaign for the U.S. Senate.
Can you pitch in $25 to Ed's campaign right now—before tonight's critical FEC deadline—and send Elizabeth Warren an ally in the U.S. Senate?
Yes, I can contribute $25 to Ed Markey's campaign.
MoveOn members from across Massachusetts have been excited to share why they support Ed in the special election primary coming up in just three weeks:
Ian from Somerville, MA:
The choice here is clear: Rep. Markey is the only candidate in this race who has been a consistent progressive advocate for health care, the environment, reproductive rights, LGBT equality, and a responsible U.S. foreign policy.
Lorna from Amherst, MA:
We want a senator who will work with Elizabeth Warren and will support progressive causes and women's rights (...)
Cathy from Natick, MA:
Rep. Markey has been my congressman for the 19 years I have lived in his district. He is THE leader on climate change in Washington.
MoveOn members in Massachusetts endorsed Markey with more than 94% of votes cast, and with primary day three weeks away, he'll need to rapidly raise enough money to run a winning statewide campaign.
Can you contribute $25 to Ed's campaign?
Thanks for all you do.
–Ilya, Stephen, Elena, Justin, and the rest of the team
Received this e-mail from MoveOn.org which is backing Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA-5) who is running for Secretary of State John Kerry's (D. MA) Senate seat:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...282 comments 441 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.