Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), a small anti-gay, anti-Semite group of haters based in Hell, I mean Kansas, came out of their hole yesterday, just hours after the Boston bombings, to damn us all. While writing this story and doing research, I decided to take a look at their website (quite disturbing as you might expect). I saw that they had just released a statement which will be made into flyers, saying they plan to picket the funerals of those who died in the Boston bombs. On their site, GodHatesFags.com, they claim have picketed over 50,000 funerals. Yesterday, they said the Boston bombings were due to Boston’s equal-marriage laws — except that’s not what they called the laws. This despicable group couldn’t even wait one day after the tragedy without damning the three victims who have died, including an eight-year-old boy. Westboro Baptist Church got on Twitter within hours to spew their special brand of hate, throughout social media and the world. That’s what they do. [Note: as of this writing their site with the statement above was down...
The group formed in 1991 under the direction of ‘Pastor’, Fred Phelps, and came into national spotlight in 1998 when they were featured on CNN. Westboro Baptist Church picketed the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a young man from Laramie, Wyoming who was beaten to death by two men because of his homosexuality. Since then, the WBC has attracted attention for many more actual and planned funeral pickets. On their site, they claim to have picked over 50,000 funerals.
Here is a sample of this church’s ‘love’:If anything good can come from the Westboro Baptist Church, (They have been banned in UK) it is that they seem to bring other religions and political parties together. The Baptist church denounces them, as do many other religions. Bill O’Reilly calls them,"Evil and despicable" and I’d bet I would be hard-pressed to find a Democrat who would disagree. (Call it a hunch.) The bottom line is WBC often crosses the lines of human and moral decency.So here we are again, with Westboro Baptist Church. Where might be, the bad-ass-truth-seeking, Anonymous, who sent a video message to WBC back in December. That’s when WBC was picketing Sandy Hook victims. Ironically, yesterday’s Boston Marathon was to honor the children who died in the Sandy Hook massacre. So I’m hoping Anonymous will show up again to give WBC a refresher course on manners. (Never with violence.) They recently ‘showed up’ to expedite the lagging judicial systems for America’s Steubenville rape case, and Canada’s Rehtaeh Parsons’ rape and suicide case. And while doing some research for this story, I also read some recently released information: Anonymous apparently brought down North Korean websites–for a second time. They get around, they do. Below is the audio clip that was sent to Westboro Baptist Church by Anonymous. It’s good. It’s very good.Here are some samples of yesterday’s Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) Loving Tweets:
@NBCNews: #BostonMarathon explosion aftermath: How you can help? Only help: Say reinstate Death Penalty for Fags! Stop proud sin & #ObeyGod
@cnnbrk #Obama: “We’ll find out who did this. We’ll find out why they did this #Boston Who: God Almighty! Why: USA WBC for saying #NoFags
“@Nightline:Kids Hit Hard by Boston Marathon Explosionsabcn.ws/YqZLeu” cry me a river!#4KMurderedEachDayInDoomedusa
There were 8 year olds in Sodom, “but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire & brimstone from heaven, & destroyed them all.”
USA must institute death penalty for fags/dykes, or violence will fully consume u! #GodSentTheBomber #GodIsNotMocked!#GodH8sFagMarriageI’d call Anymous and ask them to please give WBC a shout, but well, I don’t know their number, and they’re not listed. (I have a feeling they are already ‘on it’.)
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Tinfoil Hat, peacestpete, koNko, dov12348, Cassandra Waites, ZedMont, jacey, IndieGuy, cassandracarolina, jennyp
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- Terrible Presidential candidate Jeb Bush has had a very hard time distancing himself from his brother George Jr., the worst President in US history. Okay, maybe he is showing some of them ...28 comments 38 Recs
- The other day a guy tried to run me off the road. I was driving to work at around 70mph in heavy traffic. A large pickup passes me on the right, and then barrels into my lane with about 3 feet of ...71 comments 33 Recs
- A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...116 comments 144 Recs
- GOP 2016 hopefuls have decided it's all about the base on ...22 comments 23 Recs
- A portion of the 4-mile-wide oil spill near Santa Barbara, CA Campers at popular Refugio State Beach in California were alarmed by noxious fumes and notified authorities, who discovered ...101 comments 155 Recs
- I wanted to write about "Grace and Frankie" this week. The new series on Netflix stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda as two 70-something wives whose husbands ...180 comments 88 Recs
- Quick heads-up to remind my fellow progressives to be a bit more cautious when sharing anti-Hillary memes on the Net. Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are busy trying to undermine our strongest ...421 comments 182 Recs
- I guess this is the kind of heart-warming bipartisanship President Obama has been hoping for after all these years of tooth-and-nail opposition from Republicans: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top ...100 comments 97 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 389 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.