You can click here to donate:You remember Mark Sanford? He's the former Governor of South Carolina who went missing for six days while he said he was "hiking the Appalachian Trail," when he really was on his now infamous personal trip to Argentina.
Well, after going into hiding for a few years, Sanford is now the Republican nominee in a Special Election for South Carolina's First Congressional District.
The election is in two weeks, and his opponent is Elizabeth Colbert Busch... Stephen Colbert's sister.All caught up now?
We're running a hard-hitting ad holding Sanford accountable for abandoning his post while serving as Governor, and we need your help to expand our buy. With Colbert-Busch up two points in the polls, it could mean the difference between a big victory, or an agonizing defeat.
Watch the ad and contribute to VoteVets today.
This wouldn't be Mark Sanford's first term as a member of the House of Representatives.Sanford served there before -- from 1995 to 2001 -- and was notorious for voting against a slew of bills important to veterans, including housing grants for homeless veterans, VA Appropriations Bills, and more.
We have a chance to stop him from returning, and we're going to take it. I hope you'll join us by watching the ad and contributing to VoteVets today.
We're one of the few organizations active in this race right now, so picking up a win would send a strong message about our effectiveness.
Thanks for standing with us in this fight.
Iraq War Veteran
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...18 comments 45 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 14 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...124 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 182 Recs
- No current results.