You can sign Udall's petition here:Our immigration system is broken. It's a sentence we hear all the time -- but very soon, we have a chance to add another sentence: We’re going to fix it.
Congress will be debating comprehensive immigration reform in the coming weeks. We'll hear arguments about border security and hiring practices, who should be able to gain legal status and who should return to their home country.
But I want to make sure that through all the noise, we keep sight of what's important in this debate: the families in New Mexico that have been ripped apart. This is not only about policy, it's about families.
I'm joining with a few of my colleagues to call for truly comprehensive immigration reform. And if you would like to join us, I need you to demand it right now:
A key piece of this are the kids who have come to be known as "DREAMers" -- the more than 1.3 million undocumented children living in America, brought to this country illegally by their parents when they were too young to object.These are successful, ambitious kids with strong family values. They know no other home than the United States. And like generations of immigrants before them, we can expect the DREAMers and their families to continue to strengthen our nation.
We need a system that works for the DREAMers, their families, and all undocumented families that are already in the country. Join me and my colleagues in demanding comprehensive immigration reform right now:
I supported comprehensive immigration reform in the House. I support it in the Senate. And I think it's past time we finally get this done.
This isn't something we can try to fix one piece at a time. We need a comprehensive package that works for everyone.
Show where you stand. Add your voice to the call for comprehensive immigration reform right now:
Thank you for standing with me for New Mexico's families.
Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) is showing his support for the Gang of 8's immigration reform bill:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 13 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...81 comments 106 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...711 comments 147 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...358 comments 141 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 314 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...46 comments 93 Recs
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .175 comments 2 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...445 comments 127 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.