- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Head-bangers:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- GOP's guiding principle: get rid of the brown people by any means necessary, by Armando
- Austerity isn't dead... but it should be, by Mark Sumner
- Another bird flu to watch for... H7N9 in China, by Greg Dworkin
- "Fairytales" as "reality": Weddings on TV, by Laura Clawson
- Of things that defy understanding, by Laurence Lewis
- President Obama's gift to George W. Bush, by brooklynbadboy
- Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin finally had something worthwhile to say:
Akin also took shots at a favorite punching bag of the right-wing of the GOP, Karl Rove. Rove has started a project, the Conservative Victory Fund, aiming to help electable candidates in Republican primaries — i.e., no more Todd Akins.
“Karl Rove has made himself an expert,” Akin said. “I think I lost one race. He managed to lose about 12 of them in one night.”
- News that will surprise absolutely no one:
Matt Drudge has long been conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' biggest ally. According to a Media Matters review, the heavily-trafficked Drudge Report has promoted at least 50 separate articles at Jones' Infowars website in 2013, and has linked to at least 244 different articles on the site in the past two years.
Drudge announced this week that he had privately told friends that 2013 would be the "year of Alex Jones." Considering Drudge's penchant for promoting Jones and his Infowars website, those comments are more of a promise than a prediction. [...]
Jones has lately made headlines for his most recent conspiracy that the Boston Marathon bombings were a "false flag" attack staged by the government. Drudge has provided several links to Jones' site in the days since Jones started floating Boston conspiracies, including an article highlighting the father of the bombing suspects claiming his sons had been set up.
- And in related news, if you're still looking for a freedom fighter to love, some profiles from the InfoWars Dating site can be found here.
A 28 year old female US sailor beat the bejeesus out of a bus driver in Dubai after he pulled a knife on her and announced he was going to rape her. [...]
Basically, she got on the bus after shopping, he drove to a bus terminal, pulled a knife on her, and told her he was going to rape her. So she beat the cr*p out of him.
Republicans in Washington state have proposed a bill that would allow businesses to openly discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation if they want to do so because of their religious beliefs. SB 5927 carves out a specific exception to the state’s nondiscrimination law that says only federal protections — which don’t include sexual orientation — apply when a person’s religious belief is “burdened”:
Nothing in this section may burden a person or religious organization’s freedom of religion including, but not limited to, the right of an individual or entity to deny services if providing those goods or services would be contrary to the individual’s or entity owner’s sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience. This subsection does not apply to the denial of services to individuals recognized as a protected class under federal law applicable to the state as of the effective date of this section. The right to act or refuse to act in a manner motivated by a sincerely held religious belief, philosophical belief, or matter of conscience may not be burdened unless the government proves that it has a compelling governmental interest in infringing the specific act or refusal to act and has used the least restrictive means to further that interest.
- Seriously, Hyundai, what in the hell were you thinking?
- You've probably never wondered, but here's the name and picture of the guy who shot and killed John Wilkes Booth on this day in 1865:
- Heartbreaking story about an Iraq war vet, whose horrible injuries make him an object of disrespect, staring and outright rudeness in his home town.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: An FAA sequester fix is in the works, just as Congress heads to the airport. For procedure fans: there's parliamentary irony involved. A new craze in #GunFAIL: "home invasion shooting." Wholesale pension theft vs. petty pension theft. Armando on the continuing Reinhart-Rogoff backlash; a new low in the Benghazi craze; losing the sequester game piece by piece; and a sneak peek at his Sunday Kos piece on a new lunatic right-wing legal theory. Lastly, a gun enthusiast's online post explains why #GunFAIL has real value to gun guys.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:18 comments 25 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 287 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 254 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.