PPP has Markey leading Gomez by 4 points. The election is Tuesday, June 25th. Click here if you would like to donate to Markey's campaign:On Tuesday night, my friend, Congressman Ed Markey, won the Democratic nomination to replace John Kerry in the U.S. Senate!
It's great news: I served with Ed when I was in the House and know firsthand that he is a strong, progressive leader who will make an excellent senator. Just look at the lead he's taken on environmental issues.Now that Ed is the Democratic nominee, he needs all of our help to defeat his Republican opponent -- and fend off the right-wing super PACs mobilizing against him. And with the Massachusetts special election rapidly approaching next month, we don't have any time to lose.
Click here to rush $5 to Ed Markey's campaign before next month's special election -- and help elect another strong progressive to the U.S. Senate!
Democrats can't take this race for granted.
After all, the last time there was a special Senate election in Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown shocked the political world when he unexpectedly won.
We can't let that happen again. But already, national Republicans and right-wing groups are gearing up to smear Ed and try to buy this seat.
Ed needs our help, before the special election next month, to fight off these attacks.
Please click here to rush $5 to Ed Markey's campaign -- and ensure we don't have another Republican upset win in Massachusetts.
With so many important issues coming before the Senate this summer and fall -- from immigration reform to curbing gun violence to strengthening Medicare and Social Security -- the last thing we need is another Republican vote in the U.S. Senate.
We need Ed Markey.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Dick Durbin (D. IL) in support of Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA) who is running against Republican businessman Gabriel Gomez in the 2013 Special Election to fill Secretary of State John Kerry's (D. MA) Senate seat:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Politics makes for strange bedfellows. A person who usually hosts and raises funds for Democrats in PA threw his weight behind right wing Republicans in recent years, hosting fundraisers for ...1 comments 2 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Democrats allied with Hillary Rodham Clinton are mounting a nationwide legal battle 17 months before the 2016 ...31 comments 91 Recs
- After the New York Times story about Wei-Hock Soon (Willie Soon) secretly taking money from fossil fuel interests to produce discredited scientific research denying climate change, there was some ...14 comments 34 Recs
- Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick at The New York Times report : The Democrats began last month with lawsuits filed in Ohio and Wisconsin, presidential ...58 comments 117 Recs
- The Democratic side of 2016's run for the presidency has ...101 comments 28 Recs
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...28 comments 57 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...49 comments 48 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...129 comments 33 Recs
- No current results.