- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is iEvade:
- Keep your eye on the recent diaries list, because at 3:30 ET the latest installment of "Ask me anything about Daily Kos" will go up. This week's edition is hosted by yours truly.
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Why Mark Sanford's win tells us everything ... and nothing, by Steve Singiser
- How we've taught the Russians well, a little too well, if you know what I mean ...," by DarkSyde
- The job fatality rate isn't budging, and no wonder, with penalties this low, by Laura Clawson
- 2012's closest calls, by David Jarman
- Domestic workers and caregivers—fighting for their rights, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Obstructionism is not the problem in Congress, by brooklynbadboy
- Benghazi and the Republican scandal management playbook, by Jon Perr
- Puts my wire and styrofoam solar system to shame:
Gianna Chien is somewhat different from all the other researchers reporting on their work today to more than 8,000 doctors at the Heart Rhythm Society meeting.
Chien is 14, and her study -- which found that Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPad2 can, in some cases, interfere with life-saving heart devices because of the magnets inside -- is based on a science-fair project that didn’t even win her first place.
- Filed under Only in Florida:
Bryan Zuniga took great pains to get away from a Pinellas deputy who tried to pull him over early Thursday morning.
Instead, he ended up in great pain. [...]
A fence was no match for the 20-year-old. An alligator, however, was.
Authorities said Zuniga's escape attempt was thwarted when he encountered one of the reptiles behind a water treatment plant near St. Petersburg.
- Check out the new look—as of today—of One World Trade Center:
- Thanks to everyone who helped identify the bug pictured in Thursday's midday open thread. I've seen a gagillion dragonflies in my life, but never one that looked like that. It will always be "creepy bug" to me.
- In case you were wondering, Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was buried in Virginia.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, how drawing on the information from past #KITM shows can help convert frustrated WalMart shoppers into anti-WalMart evangelists, one at a time! Jonathan Chait on "Why Left and Right Economics Can't Just Agree." Catholic hospital ditches Catholic doctrine when it might cost them money. Twitter star @UnitedLiberals joins us to discuss Kutztown (PA) University's decision to sorta-kinda loosen their on-campus gun policy, ALEC's latest anti-transparency play, campaigns-in-a-box, increasing concerns over "political intelligence" consulting, and other issues under which Liberals are typically United.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...48 comments 186 Recs
- FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...123 comments 561 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 273 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.