Halter is going up against Blue Dog Mike Ross in the primary. Lets help him keep up the momentum to win:It's working.
For the past few months, we've been working hard to build a campaign of big ideas -- like a promise to Arkansas's high schoolers that if they work hard enough, we'll send them to college, tuition paid, without raising taxes.
Guess what? People are getting the message.
Two op-eds ran in Arkansas newspapers this week that show that our momentum is growing:
Take five minutes to read the op-eds, then help us keep our momentum going by chipping in $5 or more today:
In his syndicated column, Roy Ockert notes that Arkansas ranks 49th out of 50 states in the percentage of our workforce with a college degree -- ahead of only West Virginia. That's why, he writes, "The central idea in [Bill's] campaign" -- the Arkansas Promise -- "should be a subject for major debate in the 2014 gubernatorial election."
And in an Arkansas Democrat-Gazette op-ed, Rex Nelson thanks Bill for "focus[ing] a major part of the discussion in this landmark governor's race on the critical need to produce far more college graduates in Arkansas."
"Regardless of whether you have a college degree or not and whether you plan to vote for a Democrat or a Republican for governor, we should all be able to agree that Arkansas simply must produce far more college graduates," Nelson writes. "Let's begin the public policy debate on the best approach for achieving that goal."
You can help us keep driving this discussion forward. Pitch in now:
Bill Halter for Arkansas
Received this e-mail from one of our favorite Democrats, Former Lt. Governor Bill Halter (D. AR), who is running for Governor:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
TrueBlueMajority, Pompatus, LeftHandedMan, wdrath, humphrey, v2aggie2, elwior, Lujane, lostinamerica, hagarwood, We Won, JayRaye, aross93
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.