- Lawmakers questioned Google about privacy concerns with it's Google Glass technology. I'm no Luddite, but this thing is a bit ummm...unsettling:
Google followed all its privacy and data collection policies with Glass, he said, and built social cues into the device to help prevent certain privacy violations. For instance, users have to press a button or speak to Glass to take a photograph or record video, and look directly at whatever they are shooting.Don't be evil.
Still, one developer said he had already built an app for Glass that enables users to take a photograph with a wink.
- President Obama's new Energy Secretary, MIT Professor Ernest Moniz, was confirmed unanimously this week. The fracking and coal fan isn't expected to change the administration's hands off policy towards fossil fuels and promotion of renewables.
- It has been one year since the notorious Facebook IPO. The stock is up off its all time low, but at $26 it is little better than it was at the starting point.
- Online advertising broke another record this year recording over $10 billion in revenue for Q4.
- Entrepreneur? Starting a website is so 90's. Don't even bother. These days, if you want success you need an app. Like our own Jed Lewison's SnapStill. Inspired by Jed, I'm building my own app for something. Your website merely needs to be a place to download the app. Future is moving fast folks.
- Speaking of apps, it is interesting for me to speculate how the move towards apps will affect the HTML based websites, including this one. And how it will affect the advertising business. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this topic. I used to always browse the ESPN and SBNation websites for my sports news. Now I just use the app. Interesting times.
Google's Sergey Brin wears some scary lookin ish.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- Let's go back to October of 2006 when it became known that Denny Hastert had inexplicably failed to act on numerous reports that GOP Rep. Mark Foley had been sexually harassing male House pages via ...32 comments 25 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...835 comments 157 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...56 comments 246 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 434 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
- Today, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Bill DeBlasio jointy wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post that is worth reading. Some excerpts: In this land of big dreams, there was never a dream ...69 comments 59 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Damnation to those who think otherwise: " It is necessary to control women's sexual urges ," says Hakim, a stern, bespectacled man in a fez. " They must be chaste to preserve their beauty ." I had ...69 comments 75 Recs
- No current results.