You can sign Maloney's petition here:Take Action Now! Join us and tell Congress: College costs enough NO to student loan hikes. Sign now:
My son is working on his college education. My girls will be there before I know it. So I don’t need to tell you: it’s expensive.
Every parent wants his or her child to have a great education – an opportunity to succeed. But that’s becoming more difficult for families to afford, and it’s things like this that keep parents up at night.
That’s why it would be unconscionable for Congress to allow interest rates on federal student loans to increase. But if Congress fails to act before July 1, the rates will double... Double!
Click here to join a few of my colleagues and me – help us tell Congress: College costs enough - NO to student loan hikes:New York families can’t afford it, plain and simple. If we don’t act immediately, a college education will slip out of reach for many students. That’s totally unacceptable. We must act – now.
Quality education fuels our economy. Refusing to invest in education is horribly shortsighted and ultimately bad for economic growth.
We should be making it easier to send kids to college – not harder. But if interest on federal loans doubles, 422,000 New Yorkers will see their loan payments soar.
This can’t happen. If you stand with us today – so we can show our opponents in Congress that the public stands with us – then we will stop it.
Sign here. Tell Congress to stop student loan rates from soaring:
Your voice will make a huge difference for families everywhere. Thank you for your passion and commitment.
Received this e-mail from Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney (D. NY-18):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .33 comments 1 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...4 comments 2 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...103 comments 57 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...14 comments 9 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...220 comments 229 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...49 comments 31 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- No current results.