You can click here to donate to MoveOn.org's campaign to help Senator Merkley's right to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act:Is there a company in the world more evil than Monsanto? I don't think so.
Last year, Monsanto spent nearly $6 million on lobbying, and their payoff was the "Monsanto Protection Act," which was written anonymously, passed in secret, and allows Monsanto to keep selling genetically engineered seeds even if a federal court says they may pose a health risk.
Now, Monsanto has sneaked an amendment into the farm bill that would block GMO labeling laws moving forward in states like Vermont and Connecticut.This time, Monsanto may have gone too far. A massive backlash is growing against the Monsanto Protection Act, and Senator Jeff Merkley is demanding a floor vote to repeal it.
We can beat Monsanto, but we don't have much time to get organized, because the farm bill has already passed the House and is being debated in the Senate right now. Can you chip in $25 to help MoveOn members fight back against Monsanto?
Yes, I want to pitch in $25 to help fight back against Monsanto:We know that we'll never be able to outspend Monsanto, but with your help we can out-organize them with smart, well-timed, targeted campaigning. Together, we can take on Monsanto by:
Supporting campaigns all over the country led by MoveOn members targeting their members of Congress, asking them to stand up to Monsanto's influence.
Providing financial support for flyers, rallies, transportation and the other crucial nuts and bolts necessary to run a strong campaign.
Calling out key members of Congress who are supporting Monsanto over the public interest and making sure the public knows whose side they're on
MoveOn leaders around the country are eager to push forward, but they need your help: If we can raise $150,000 in the next two days, we can help kick-start these campaigns immediately.
Last year, Monsanto's $6 million investment bought them several favorable pieces of legislation. But right now, your investment of $25 can help launch a nationwide movement to make sure that our democracy isn't auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Click here to contribute $25 to support the campaign against Monsanto;
Thanks for all you do.
–Anna, Wes, Linda, Mariana, and the rest of the team
Senator Jeff Merkley's (D. OR) call to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act keeps on gaining more momentum:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
SME in Seattle, JekyllnHyde, CJB, ask, chimene, Laurence Lewis, Ginny in CO, blueoasis, kurt, ninkasi23, noofsh, Sixty Something, Mokurai, Mortifyd, Horace Boothroyd III
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.