Not that we didn't get the joke... but since Mr. Freivald had not previously encountered a humorous lawyer, he actually thought your letter may have been a serious effort by the Township to promote its legitimate interests. Rest assured, I've at least convinced him that it was certainly not some impulsive, ham-fisted attempt to bully a local resident solely because of his well-known political views. After all, you and I as lawyers both know that would be flagrantly unconstitutional and would also, in the words of my 4-year-old, make you a big meanie.Fair use prevents me from sharing it all here, but for your legal laugh of the year, go here.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
teacherken, PeterHug, Robert in WV, seefleur, StrayCat, ER Doc, Calamity Jean, Its the Supreme Court Stupid, serendipityisabitch, greenkrete, zenbassoon, OldDragon, BusyinCA, Spirit of Life
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by mspicata
- The students give a lesson in generosity. Students at Profile Junior-Senior High School in Bethlehem, New Hampshire went well above and beyond the traditional end-of-year gifts for their principal.16 comments 87 Recs
- The Supreme Court announced today that it will hear a case initiated by conservatives in Texas determining what "person" means for one-person, one-vote redistricting jurisprudence : all people, or ...63 comments 64 Recs
- I imagine you all have seen the current Recommended diary " In Defense of Shaun King ", within which there is much spirited discussion regarding alleged repeated factual errors in a multitude of ...364 comments 205 Recs
- The 2014 elections produced many interesting and unusual results. A prime example of this involves the states of New Hampshire and Maine. New Hampshire is generally considered to be the most ...54 comments 29 Recs
- House Speaker John Boehner thinks it'...77 comments 87 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- The reasons to be skeptical of Hillary Clinton are legion, from her husband's record in the '90s, to her corporate ties (including being on the board of Walmart), to ...643 comments 171 Recs
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott came out ...47 comments 62 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 295 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.663 comments 344 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.