It’s Saturday and most Saturdays I like to spend time in the woods. From a Native American perspective, the tree people are important and can teach us many things. According to some creation stories, the plant people were given two closely related gifts: the power of healing and the power of beauty. The beauty of the trees helps heal the mind and the spirit. Wandering through the woods and trying to understand the many different personalities of the tree people is a good form of meditation as well as an exercise in creativity. Shown below are some photographs of trees from Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon. Wander through them for a couple of minutes, let you imagination wander free, and join us in the Saturday open thread.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, Pam from Calif, Anna M, myboo, gchaucer2, nchristine, Dragon5616, SeattleTammy, BlueJessamine, Wolf10, foresterbob, Regina in a Sears Kit House, DawnN, state of confusion, Eric Nelson, FloridaSNMOM, jennyp, jbob, Aunt Pat, RiveroftheWest
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Ojibwa
- The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings It's hard to figuratively pick up the newspaper these without seeing something concerning ...65 comments 83 Recs
- It is completely counter-intuitive to turn in to suffering. In fact, most people spend their entire lives trying to aim for pleasure and avoid suffering. The problem with that strategy is that ...45 comments 20 Recs
- This post is aimed mainly at Americans. Religious persecution has two sides: the persecuted, and the persecutor. You are the persecuted if you are being hassled for, or prevented from, ...39 comments 8 Recs
- I have Reid home from the hospital. The foot doesn't look as bad as I feared it would. He doesn't appear to be in pain and is glad to be home. Because of the long narrow shape of his foot I don't ...5 comments 23 Recs
- This is an Open Thread / Coffee Hour and all topics of conversation are welcome. Today's suggested topic Hard Boiled Eggs . What is for ...21 comments 9 Recs
- Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...27 comments 85 Recs
- Nothing to see here! Two years ago, scientists at UCLA predicted there would ...23 comments 72 Recs
- Kimberley Strassel What's responsible for Baltimore's problems? Republicans need answers other than "massive economic inequality, racism, and police violence," and when Republicans need answers but ...48 comments 41 Recs
- For those of you that hadn't yet heard, on 22 May 2015 - less than 3 weeks from today - a public referendum will be held to amend the constitution of the Republic of Ireland to recognize same-sex ...13 comments 19 Recs