I am very happy Sheheen is making funding for the arts a campaign issue. Haley is very vulnerable and Sheheen has an excellent shot at beating. You can click here to donate to Sheheen's campaign:One of the best things about South Carolina is our culture and our history. The arts are an integral part of that legacy and deserve our full support.
But for the second year in a row, Governor Haley vetoed funding for the Arts Commission, which would have made it impossible for the Commission to function.
She would have left South Carolina as the only state in the nation without an Arts Commission! But, for the second year in a row, my colleagues and I in the legislature – Republican and Democrat – came together to override her veto and protect funding for the arts.
I hope you will stand with me before Sunday’s fundraising quarter deadline and support our campaign and the arts in South Carolina by donating $100, $50, or $20 today:
South Carolina's arts continue to make this state a place that people want to live in despite all our economic challenges. More than that, we know that businesses, consumers and families – the biggest drivers of our economy – come to places with a high quality of life.
Bottom line: the arts matter.Governor Haley’s repeated vetoes of the arts are just another example of how broken our government is under her administration.
That’s why it is so important for us to have a strong showing for this quarter, which ends this Sunday. Will you contribute $100, $50 or $20 to help show that South Carolina is ready for change? Together, we will get the Palmetto State back on track.
Let's believe again.
PS: The quarter ends Sunday, and while we are fighting for South Carolina’s future, Nikki Haley is busy collecting checks from around the country. Please go to our website and contribute $100, $50, $20 or whatever you can afford by Sunday. Thanks again for your continued support.
As someone who is involved in the artistic community and believes that the arts needs more funding, this is why I'm strongly supporting State Senator Vincent Sheheen's (D. SC) comeback bid for Governor of South Carolina:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here .52 comments 1 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...10 comments 7 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...226 comments 81 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...19 comments 11 Recs
- and Sen. Clinton, and Sen. Warren and MoveOn and People for the American Way and Friends Committee on National Legislation and Democratic Nationnal Committee and DailyKos and so many others. But, ...108 comments 171 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...220 comments 229 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...49 comments 31 Recs
- No current results.