Call In, talk and/or Listen: (646) 929-2495
Listen On Computer/Smartphone Live/Podcast: HERE
This week’s show
What a week we had. My head is still spinning. We have so many decisions. Should we talk about the Supreme Court overturning the Defense Of Marriage Act? Should we talk about the Supreme Court effectively restoring same-sex marriage in California? Should we discuss the Supreme Court effectively killing the Voting Rights Act? I don’t know. Maybe we should cover all three.
But then again, there is also the IRS scandal that as I stated from the beginning was no scandal at all. There is Texas State Senator Wendy Davis who temporarily stopped an oppressive Republican Party in Texas. To be sure, Wendy Davis’ leadership has revived a Progressive movement in Texas that will be on display this Monday with a big rally as Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry calls a new Special Session.
We have two hours. Let’s discuss them all.
Please call in and add to the discourse civilly.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
Coffee Party Radio Shows
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Egberto Willies
- The Texas Progressive Alliance wishes everyone a Happy Star Wars Day as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff rounded up coverage of the voter ID appellate hearing at the Fifth circuit ...1 comments 6 Recs
- 366 comments 400 Recs
- Cartoon decrying the Hamburg massacre of July 1876 As people raise a hue and cry, for a media minute, about yet another police murder of an unarmed black man—this time Walter Scott ...298 comments 240 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...603 comments 784 Recs
- The Texas Progressive Alliance hopes that our state can learn the lesson of the Indiana debacle as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff compared Greg Abbott's performance in heavily ...2 comments 7 Recs
- Before we go any further, I feel a confession is in order: my name is ...152 comments 122 Recs
- "You saw those cars coming, and you knew who those men were. They wanted you to see them. They wanted you to be afraid of them." - Lillie McKoy, former mayor of Maxton talking about the ...501 comments 1194 Recs
- Before I begin, I just want to point you to *Egberto Willies*' diary on the Texas Kos meet-up held in Austin on Saturday, ...43 comments 126 Recs
- http://www.dailykos.com/blog/San%20Antonio%20Kos If you are in San Antonio and want to join a our group please do. I am going to need alot of help as I am mad busy with the grand daughter. But blue ...25 comments 47 Recs
- We only have a little over a week until our epic Texas Kos statewide meet-up! And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty pumped. We'll be meeting in Austin on Saturday, February 28 for a packed ...45 comments 44 Recs