First there's this Tweet Issa makes on July 5th:
Friday Kitty!!!! Have a great Independence Day weekend. Go America. http://t.co/...— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) July 5, 2013
Cute, ain't it? Just when you think Issa has a soft spot, he then goes back to his partisan ways with the following Tweets:
Every week = more bad news for #ObamaCare and those you will be insured under it.— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) July 8, 2013
Here's part of the article that House Speaker John Boehner wrote per Issa's Tweet:
The fact is that for weeks now, Democrats have been divided and on defense, hapless in the face of a sustained GOP push:Oh John Boehner and Darrell Issa. They only WISH Democrats were on the defensive.
• Republicans have successfully backed House and Senate Democrats into a corner on student loans by pushing for long-term reform that is consistent with President Obama’s budget request. The House passed the Smarter Solutions for Students Act before Memorial Day, and since then, Senate Democrats & the White House have been flailing about with no unified plan on how to resolve this issue.
• As a result, “House Republicans are blasting Senate Democrats for not passing a bill as the lower chamber has done.” Whether it’s press conferences with college students, national weekly addresses, Google Hangouts with college students, letters to the president, or talking about the issue back home, Republicans have made this a national push and kept Democrats back on their heels.
• Far from sticking together, the president’s own party has embarrassed him on this issue, blocking his bill and publicly criticizing him. Democratic leaders in the Senate even rejected an emerging bipartisan solution that would have implemented long-term reform. As POLITICO notes, “divisions among Senate Democrats made finding a solution untenable.”
• It's crystal clear that Democrats know they’re on defense right now. On an issue they previously made front and center, both the White House and congressional Democrats were completely silent as rates doubled. All of a sudden, they don't want to talk about student loan interest rates. The chairman of the Senate’s education committee even said, “let’s put this off for a year.”
No, Democrats don’t get to run away from this fight. They certainly don’t get to run away from the millions of students they’ve saddled with more debt and fewer opportunities. Until they relent, Republicans will push Washington Democrats to do right by students and their families. That continues with today’s event on the Capitol steps.
It's very laughable that the GOP has made this "national push" for student debt reform considering the biggest advocates for this national push have been Democrats to begin with. And when Darrell Issa is echoing this, you have to wonder, why didn't he get this passionate on the debt during President Bush's two-terms?
Oh wait, Issa only holds Democratic Presidential administrations accountable, not Republican ones.
Anyway, in taking a look at Darrell Issa's House of Representatives website, there may be pertinent "information" (yes, there ACTUALLY is information) for Issa's constituents in the CA-49 Congressional District he represents in California.
However, there's also a page that doesn't give any insight onto what Issa is doing as a Congressman but serves as nothing more than cheap promotional crap organized by Issa's staff to encourage people to follow Issa on Twitter.
Now a couple of questions:
1) Why would Issa's staff make a blog post on Darrell Issa's Twitter account on his government website instead of his campaign website?
2) Why would anyone want to follow Issa on Twitter?
Behold, the post on Darrell Issa's government website:
7 Reasons to Follow @DarrellIssa on TwitterSee, this is where the hypocrisy lies: Darrell Issa keeps on arguing for waste in government but even he (or at least his staff wastes taxpayer money on a stupid blog post like this which adds NO value what so ever in why a constituent of California's 49th Congressional District should follow Issa on Twitter.
June 17, 2013
If you’re not currently following Darrell on Twitter and you’re on the fence as to whether or not to do so, here are 7 reasons to go do so.
7. Because our office dog wants you to.
6. Because you’ll get to see cool videos like this:
5. Listen to Obi-Wan Kenobi. He is wise and knows the benefits of following @DarrellIssa.4. Because Darrell tweets photos of smiling rabbits.
Darrell Issa @DarrellIssa
.@bennyjohnson I don't know if @gopleader will but I got you on #4 --> I like smiling rabbits: bit.ly/WAblGk
7:59 PM Mar 18th
3. Who doesn’t like photos of kittens?!
Good Morning and Happy Friday. pic.twitter.com/wEwGQjgz3q— Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) May 17, 2013
2. Because Darrell rides a skateboard.1. Because Darrell had an awesome mustache when he was younger!!
Ok. I recognize that it doesn't cost a penny to make a blog post and that there are probably more important things to complain about. However, the problem is, while Issa keeps fighting the IRS, he appears to have a staff that seems to have had a house party and decided to make some post on Issa's government website that sounded SOOO cool.
But even if this blog post is meant to poke fun, it's not funny. If it's meant to inform, it doesn't do a good job at it either.
And seriously, why would you mention Obi-Wan Kenobi approving of following Darrell Issa on Twitter?
As usual, keep the San Diego County Democratic Party busy since they're the most local and active Democratic Party nearby Darrell Issa's area of residence (not to mention his local office):
Make sure you mark down this information and pass it on to others for firing up the base in California's 49th Congressional District if you want to target Issa for re-election and get voter registration drives going:
San Diego County Democratic Party Website: http://www.sddemocrats.org/
Address: 8340 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, Suite 10 San Diego, CA 92111
Phone: (858) 277-3367
Fax: (858) 571-0275
Contact Form: http://www.sddemocrats.org/...
While you're at it, you might as well make a visit or mount a protest in front of Darrell Issa's Vista, CA office at the following address:
1800 Thibodo Rd
Vista, CA 92081