Gil and Joanne Mangels founded the Miracle of America Museum in Polson, Montana in 1981. It is an extensive collection of “stuff” which is mostly unlabeled. While there are some who have called this the “Smithsonian of the West,” only people unfamiliar with the Smithsonian and current museums would use this designation. It is an interesting collection with little interpretation.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
hnichols, concernedamerican, blueyedace2, AoT, KenBee, nchristine, petral, kevinpdx, Dragon5616, leftykook, state of confusion, Mr Robert, 43north, arizonablue, RiveroftheWest
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Ojibwa
- Greetings! And welcome to another fuzzy offering left just outside the back door by Marko the Werelynx. This week I thought I'd share a few more photos from my trip up into the rolling, green ...9 comments 13 Recs
- [Mikey Weinstein]: This guest Op-Ed from my dear friend, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) Advisory Board member, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff Lawrence ...6 comments 35 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...202 comments 54 Recs
- 18 comments 24 Recs
- Last week, I fired a handgun for the first time in my life. And for those of you hoping to learn that my experience transformed me from a gun-phobe to a gun-lover: Sorry. I never want to do that ...64 comments 34 Recs
- Judge Granade has granted the plaintiffs' (in the Alabama marriage equality case) petition for class certification. So, all probate judges in Alabama are included as defendants in the case, and ...19 comments 21 Recs
- Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...25 comments 47 Recs
- Welcome to Thursday Coffee Hour. This is an open thread so help yourself to the goodies and let us know what is new with you. I have family members who are seriously into comic books. Growing up I ...9 comments 5 Recs
- Some of us just like to howl at the moon ...138 comments 57 Recs