It was hot today. For some of you, heat waves (3+ days of 90°F temperatures) are common, but I live in New England. We're supposed to get close but NOT hit the magic heat wave numbers! Casa Brillig wanted something simple for dinner, and the dish that both kids agreed on was pizza. Follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi pizza paddle fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group mailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
When making pizza at home, Casa Brillig isn't very adventurous.. crust, sauce (red, less on K1's pie than the other one), cheese (either a 4- or 6-cheese blend, whatever's on sale at the time), and onions, peppers, pepperoni or sausage, depending on what's in the house at the time.
Tonight it was extra cheese on one (1/4 pepperoni since K1 won't eat an entire pizza) and pepperoni & sliced onions on the other:
However, when we're ordering pizza out, all bets are off. About the only thing we agree on is that a traditional thin crust is best, as opposed to a Sicilian or deep-dish crust. K1 likes ham and pineapple on hers, and prefers white rather than red sauce given the choice. K2 eats anything BUT pineapple on pizza, of course, with his favorites being multi-topping masterpieces with meat and vegetables piled high. Mr. Brillig prefers lots of vegetables on his, and will always choose the most "interesting" choice on any menu.
Me? I like sausage on my pizza, either with onions and peppers, or with ricotta cheese dolloped over a traditional cheese pie. I'll eat almost anything except anchovies, though.
What are your favorites, and are they different depending on who's cooking? Share in the comments... I decided a poll would never have the choice available to cover everyone's favorites!
Don't look at me that way, I know at least some of you thought the exact same thing when you saw the title (just the way I planned it, muahahahah! :-))
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From Dave in Northridge:aleworks provided an excellent response to Matt Bors' cartoon, Zimmerman Gets Justice, and undercovercalico joined in.
From mdmslle:OH SNAP! The Smackdown Will Commence Shortly, by rugbymom
From emeraldmaiden:mojo11 expresses himself very well in this comment, to be found in shanikka's Recommended diary, The Onion: On Point, Yet Again re: George Zimmerman's Acquittal. I wholeheartedly agree.
From Dragon5616:smileycreek told this story about suppressed laughter that made me LOL in mallyroyal's diary * New Day * -- Who and What Makes You Laugh?
From Chrislove:In my diary on the tragic suicide of 17-year-old Carlos Vigil, EdSF really nails it with this important comment.
From Yours Truly, brillig:Ted Nugent is an ass, Hunter reminds us. ivorybill gives us a racial heirarchy in the comments well worth reading.
In David Harris Gershon's Why Isn't NRA Arguing Trayvon Martin Tragedy Could Have Been Averted if Only He Had a Gun? comes this typo thread, begun by Shockwave and encouraged by ontheleftcoast that requires a TC nom!
Top Mojo for yesterday, July 15th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic! For those of you interested in How Top Mojo Works, please see his diary FAQing Top Mojo.
1) Including This Guy by JekyllnHyde — 216
2) It is our fight, too, we are all human. by astral66 — 192
3) Indeed by shanikka — 147
4) There is no excuse to not by Kristina40 — 137
5) They didn't have to recognize the symptoms... by Buckeye Nut Schell — 128
6) More than race, police do not know how to deal by burlydee — 125
7) Controversial by Armando — 124
8) Especially in a state with THAT MANY by Cassandra Waites — 123
9) if a black face droops.... by marzook — 117
10) Hi guys (waving middle finger) by chicago minx — 100
11) At the end of the day by costello7 — 99
12) However, if this involved an old white by beltane — 98
13) I've related a story here on Kos before about... by RerumCognoscereCausas — 94
14) Thanks for keeping the spotlight on Marissa by davidkc — 94
15) Talking about white privilege by undercovercalico — 91
16) You better report this, ASAP! by Bob Johnson — 91
17) I'm a lawyer by luvsathoroughbred — 88
18) needlessly cynical by NYFM — 84
19) Took the words straight out of my mouth! by micaela g — 84
20) I once got several hide ratings... by richardak — 82
21) It is not difficult to unlearn racism. by Azubia — 82
22) That brought tears to my eyes. by tb92 — 81
23) And, then there's the "up-until-2011-meme"... by bobswern — 77
24) Chick is saying by smoothnmellow — 76
25) Way to go Temar Boggs and Chris Garcia! by Thomasina — 75
26) She also believes that it's ok to profit.. by kurious — 74
27) Constitution allows for affirming by teacherken — 73
28) Greenbacks are greenbacks. by Bob Johnson — 72
29) I know. by smoothnmellow — 71
30) What BS. by lunachickie — 70
Top Pictures for yesterday, July 15th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!