- Facebook hashtags aren't drumming up engagement #Hashtag #Fail
- 75% of young adults are deleting social media posts, afraid it will impact their careers
- Hate social media and have nothing to do with it? You're definitely in the minority. Almost 3 out 4 Americans adults are plugged into social media nowadays.
- A bizarre customer request that a Houston hotel honored involving three M&Ms and a photograph of bacon on a pillow went viral. Talk about free publicity!
- A man who dined and ditched was not only shamed on Facebook, but consequently jailed for his misdeed.
Skip over the orange doodle to see what Daily Kos stories were most passed around on social media for the week of July 29 to August 4.
If a cell's highlighted orange, it was written by a front pager.
Biggest ratio of community versus front page content yet: 9 out of 10 of the most-shared stories on Facebook were diaries written by community members. Wow. And hi-five to pajoly, who had two stories in the top three.
Again, high ratio of community content being shared here. Tom Tomorrow's comic was the only front page post to get in the top 5 on Twitter this week.
Interesting to see Leslie Salzillo's story from mid-June reappear here. Again, you just never know what past story will pop up again in our traffic due to social media sharing.
Our Reddit referrals have definitely suffered since Reddit removed the "politics" link off the front page.
Pretty amazing that out of all the top-shared content this week, we only saw two stories that ran on the front page. The community here produces some amazing stuff that really gets more traction outside the site than maybe people realize.
If you haven't yet, come give the Big Orange some love on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and/or Google Plus. Remember sharing on social media is just one more way to say thanks to your fellow community members.
Thanks, y'all, for writing up such a diverse body of interesting, shareable content.