You can click here to sign Udall's petition:Did you know that decisions made in a secret court are affecting your privacy rights?
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) authorized courts that meet in secret, on issues that are secret, and issue rulings in secret. It was a FISA court ruling that made the recent and controversial NSA surveillance programs lawful.
In a FISA court, there is no one to stand up for the privacy of Americans. Only one side is represented -- the government’s side. No other court in the United States is so one-sided.
I’m working with my colleagues to protect your privacy, and reform the FISA court system. And I need your support.
Your privacy matters. Help me fight for it -- call for immediate FISA reform today:As a former federal prosecutor, I hold the principles of our American justice system dear. A hallmark of our system is that it is adversarial. All sides are argued, and judgments are made based on the facts.
That’s not how these FISA courts work.
I understand that the world we live in presents new and dangerous threats. And I also understand that the government needs to have the tools to meet these security challenges and protect our people. But I refuse to believe that we cannot protect the civil liberties of our citizens at the same time.
Your privacy matters. That’s what the FISA court reform I’m backing is meant to protect. Join the grassroots movement pushing for reform. Add your name today:
Thank you for joining me.
Received an e-mail today from Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) regarding FISA reform:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...2 comments 4 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...25 comments 35 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- No current results.