You can click here to ad your name:Florida’s voter purge is just plain wrong.
Over the last few months, Republican governors across the country have been targeting elderly and minority voters with new restrictions on voting.
But Florida is one of the worst offenders. There, radical Governor Rick Scott set up a special task force to remove registered voters from the voting rolls--a move that is likely to disproportionately affect minority voters and bring back memories of the 2000 election and scores of disenfranchised voters.
We have to ratchet up the public pressure on Governor Scott to stop his voter purge, before he can do even more damage. Let’s show him that we’re not going to stand for this attack on our fundamental rights.Call on Governor Scott to stop his so-called ‘purge’ of eligible voters:
Radical, vote-suppressing Republicans like Governor Scott can only get away with their dangerous agendas if we let them act in secret.
That’s why I’m speaking out on this one. Will you?
Add your name to stand against the Florida voter purge:
One by one, we can defeat these radical Republicans and protect the right to vote. With your help, we can win this fight.
Democratic Governors Association
The Democratic Governors Association is going after Governor Rick Scott (R. FL) for his latest attempt to disenfranchise voters:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bob Love, wdrath, defluxion10, marina, JohnB47, el cid, Rosalie907, Lujane, Marnie1, prettygirlxoxoxo, Gorilla in the room, notrouble, worldlotus, FloridaSNMOM, howabout, BadKitties, trkingmomoe
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.