You can click here to sign Udall's petition:It’s getting worse.
For over a decade, NASA satellites have scanned Earth’s surface and measured the size and tenacity of wildfires across the country. According to NASA, the long and intense fire seasons of late are becoming a yearly mainstay.
“Fire seasons are starting earlier, due to warmer spring temperatures and earlier snow melt, and they are lasting longer into the fall.” [NASA 08/09/2013]Climate change is here, and the worsening wildfires and severe drought across the West are just a couple of many concrete examples that prove it. We can’t continue to ignore this reality. The time to act was yesterday.
Will you join Sen. Chris Coons, Sen. Bob Menendez, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, and me in calling for immediate action on climate change? Click here to sign our petition:Gina McCarthy made Colorado one of her first stops as Environmental Protection Agency administrator, and I had the pleasure of introducing her at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Gina knows we don’t have to choose between growing our economy and protecting our environment. The two go hand-in-hand. Due in part to a wind energy sector which supports 5,000 jobs in the state, Colorado continues to lead the way on addressing this global threat by growing a robust renewable energy industry that harnesses our wind, solar, biomass, and geothermal capabilities.
President Obama and the EPA are already taking the lead to adapt proven solutions from the state and local levels — solutions that help reduce global warming. But to confront this truly global crisis, the U.S. Senate and each of us has to do our part.
The White House is ready to take action. Are you?
Please join Sen. Chris Coons, Sen. Bob Menendez, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, and me in calling for immediate action on climate change:
Received this e-mail today from Senator Mark Udall (D. CO), a long time environmental advocate, is joining his colleagues in calling for action on climate change:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Gooserock, misterwade, Willinois, LinSea, jakedog42, ban nock, SoCalSal, RLMiller, jan4insight, julesrules39, Chas 981
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...89 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 219 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...276 comments 440 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.