You can click here to add your name:School is in session in North Carolina. But the North Carolina General Assembly cut nearly half a billion dollars for our education system, and our students and teachers are set to bear the brunt of that bad leadership.
Since I first told you about this issue, nearly 10,000 supporters have signed on to tell the General Assembly to restore critical funding to our schools. Today I need your help to get that number up to 15,000 strong.
Add your name to the petition to support North Carolina kids:It's a pretty simple equation. Quality public education + a strong economy = a bright future for our children.
In order for North Carolina public schools to provide a quality education, they need the resources to get the job done. We should be investing in kids and our education system -- not cutting funding our educators rely on.
Let the General Assembly know where you stand. Tell them to restore education funding to North Carolina kids. Sign the petition right now:
Received this e-mail today from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...217 comments 219 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...45 comments 31 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...7 comments 8 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.232 comments 148 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...57 comments 59 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- No current results.