Click here to leave Nolan your thoughts:This week the President addressed the nation regarding U.S. military and diplomatic options of intervention into the ongoing Syrian conflict.
Let me be clear, war should always be our last choice, not our first choice.
We should applaud the President both for bringing the question we have as a nation regarding Syria before the Congress, and for pursuing a diplomatic solution. His speech gives us reason for cautious optimism that a non-military path can be found.
Along with a great many of my colleagues in Congress, I still have serious questions about a proposed strike, about the enormous cost of well over $1 billion a month, and about the potential consequences for our ally, Israel, and our troops in the region.
I have been vocal about the fact that I oppose any resolution to authorize a military strike against Syria. I believe that we are better served investing our time and money in rebuilding America’s infrastructure and refocusing our priorities at home, and our presence in another conflict does not serve American interests.
There is no question that despicable and horrible chemical weapons were deployed against innocent Syrian civilians. And there is no question in my mind that whoever is deemed responsible should be brought before the International Court of Justice to answer for crimes against humanity.
With all that being said, I welcome and value your input on this very important issue. Please click here to share your opinions and thoughts with me on Syria:
Thank you so much for your continued support,
Received this e-mail from Congressman Rick Nolan (D. MN-08) who wants to hear his constituents and supporters' thoughts on Syria:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...17 comments 40 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...123 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 180 Recs
- No current results.