- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is The Conservative Health Exchange:
- Who said it?
Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events.(Via Lawyers, Guns & Money)
- Lambda Legal has filed a lawsuit seeking marriage equality in West Virginia.
- Sara Palin, ladies and gentlemen:
“Now President Obama, a couple of weeks ago when he was hell-bent on dropping bombs on Syria, he said America doesn’t do pinpricks. Well, we don’t do pinpricks, but sometimes we elect them.”
- Colorado anti-choice activists submit enough signatures to put a "fetal homicide" measure on the 2014 ballot. They insist it's different from the "fetal personhood" measures that were defeated in the state in 2008 and 2010.
- Yes, you can be fired for being a My Little Pony fan.
- News that will upset basically no one:
CNN Films and NBC Entertainment on Monday canceled plans to produce programs about former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, putting and end to projects that had sparked considerable political controversy.
- The socialite network. Vomiting now.
- Man foils robbery despite not having a gun. Although he did have a sword.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, OK, shutdown it is, then! Greg Dworkin rounded up the headlines, the polls, the Gop civil war stories, and how the ACA exchanges are marching forward regardless. Of course, we also had a generous helping of "both sides are equally to blame" thinking to deal with. Hungry for a detailed explanation of the House's 11th hour appeal for a conference & why it was ridiculous from the get-go? We've got you covered! Key point: Ted Cruz objects to conferences on "principle." And by the way, his dad is nuts. "The House GOP's Legislative Strike." GA's ALEC front man gets himself indicted. "CR Blues: Constant Brinkmanship Brings Fatigue."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, concernedamerican, cosette, LinSea, annieli, wintergreen8694, ratcityreprobate, aresea, howabout, GreenMother
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Laura Clawson
- The media are more interested in ...333 comments 334 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 296 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- To give voice to 35 workers killed on the job over the past 35 years at a massive refinery in Texas City, hundreds of surviving family members, co-workers and friends gathered there last month to ...4 comments 19 Recs
- Like many, I am watching the terrible events in Baltimore play out, and am also following the very disturbing details of Freddie Gray's death as they are revealed. I'm writing tonight because the ...115 comments 165 Recs
- Watching the discussion around the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) gives me a nasty sense of déjà vu. Long before joining AFGE, I worked as a food service worker, licensed practical nurse, and ...178 comments 209 Recs
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 14 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...60 comments 222 Recs
- This is no plea for pity for corporate kingpins like Walmart and McDonald’s inundated by workers’ demands for living wages. Raises would, of course, cost these billion-dollar corporations ...7 comments 20 Recs