You can click here to add your name:If Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito and her reckless colleagues allowed a simple majority vote, the government shutdown would be over.
Instead, she’s showing whom she stands for: special interests that don’t care about West Virginia.
Believe me, I’m as outraged as you.Congresswoman Capito’s responsible for the men and women of the National Guard who have been sent home from the bases in Martinsburg and Charleston, the furloughed inspectors who can’t investigate a toxic chemical leak in South Charleston, the federal mine inspectors who can’t ensure the health and safety of our coal miners and the small businesses hurt by the closing of our national parks.
She’s been with her party and the special interests 100%. She’s forgotten the people who elected her.
Let’s remind her. Right now, will you sign my petition demanding Congresswoman Capito vote to end the shutdown before more damage is done to West Virginia? She’s got to hear from us.
Click here to add your name to my petition calling on Congresswoman Capito to end this reckless, irresponsible shutdown and put West Virginians first:
Congress should not stand in the way of its people. That’s why I am running for the U.S. Senate. We need someone who will stand up for our West Virginia values and not what Washington wants.
If I were there now, my message to both sides of the aisle would be this: work together to return to serving the people, use common sense and do it the West Virginia way.
Congresswoman Capito isn’t saying that. She’s part of the obstruction and it’s hurting West Virginia.
We need to tell her to cut it out now. Hardworking families, small businesses, service members and veterans deserve better.
Add your voice and tell Congresswoman Capito: End this harmful shutdown:
Thanks for standing with me for West Virginia,
Received this e-mail from Natalie Tennant (D. WV) Regarding Rep. Shelley Moore Capito (R. WV) and the government shutdown:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
wdrath, Curt Matlock, murrayewv, majcmb1, PinHole, mph2005, hlsmlane, pipsorcle, MikePhoenix, Youffraita, Lujane, hpg, Mentatmark, Eric Nelson, a2nite, terrybuck, Australian2, TheDuckManCometh, dumbrepukeneck
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.