- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is How to save the Republican brand:
- Yes, they actually said that: Attorneys for Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett have argued in court that the state's law prohibiting marriage equality does not constitute discrimination against gays because they are free to marry someone of the opposite sex.
- The winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize in Physics has been deemed "nonessential" and furloughed.
- President Obama is fed up with Congress—when are these folks going to get their act together? On the latest #TWiBRadio, we share in the President's pain and die a little on the inside over Antonin Scalia's interview in New York Magazine. Weigh in on the comments and check out more at This Week in Blackness!
- Romney campaign supposedly disbelieved its own polls showing it was losing:
Immediately after the November election, all of the reporting suggested that the Romney camp was in total shock. “Shell-shocked,” said one news report. It quoted a Romney senior adviser saying, “I don’t think there was one person who saw this coming.”Except that, according to Noam Scheiber, that's NOT what the polls showed.
Well, that wasn’t true—even within the Romney campaign. In “The Gamble,” Lynn Vavreck’s and my new book on the 2012 presidential race, we report that the Romney campaign’s own internal data showed that it would lose. [...]
But after losing, the surprise and dismay within the Romney campaign seemed to stem less a failure of its own polls and more from a failure to let those polls take precedence over instinct and subjective judgment.
- DCCC video calls Speaker Boehner "chicken."
- Sen. Jim Inhofe doing well after emergency heart surgery: The 78-year-old Republican senator from Oklahoma had quadruple bypass surgery for five blocked arteries Friday. He told a reporter in a Monday interview that he had not experienced any symptoms before his physician advised immediate surgery.
- Steubenville IT worker indicted for evidence tampering, obstruction and perjury in alleged cover-up of rape by members of football team.
- All-electric vehicle sales up 447% over last year:
One of the big drivers here, unsurprisingly, was Tesla, whose sales rocketed up 8,056.25 percent this year, from 160 to 13,050. But sales of the Nissan Leaf have also shot up 208.44 percent, from 5,212 to 16,076. That’s particularly encouraging. Unlike Tesla’s admittedly fantastic high-end Model S, the Leaf is a realistic buy for the average American consumer. Its price is now down below $30,000, and can get below $20,000 with the help of tax credits. In raw numbers, total electric vehicle sales for 2013 are at 67,232, while they were just at 15,708 at this point last year.
- "Vintage" Kagro in the Morning today while renovations continue at the state-of-the-art studios in the Worldwide Headquarters of Daily Kos Radio. It's our October 8, 2012 show, featuring our in-house polling experts, Greg Dworkin and Steve Singiser, on the state of the 2012 races heading into the week of the Vice Presidential debate. In the second hour, more "dot connecting," in a reading on the "wisdom" of free markets and cost-benefit analyses (which connects nicely with yesterday's live show, actually), plus a roundup of Roll Call's Top 10 most vulnerable Members of Congress.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
mimi, Eyesbright, JeffW, LinSea, Larsstephens, mama jo, Mr MadAsHell, FarWestGirl, wintergreen8694, aresea, Ishmaelbychoice, Rich Lyles
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- Denny Hastert A new report ...206 comments 41 Recs
- What could go wrong? Climate Talks In Copenhagen Dominated By Climate Destroying Corps This is about the United Nations climate talks, as they are being sponsored by fossil fuel interests. I ...7 comments 12 Recs
- Chris Mooney at the Washington Post has a wonderful piece debunking a recent Forbes post by Heartland's increasingly irrelevant James Taylor. Unsurprisingly, Taylor tries to mislead readers by ...5 comments 15 Recs
- [http://www.wlky.com/politics/cuba-taken-off-terrorist-list/33285658 WLKY:] The U.S. State Department says Cuba has been taken off a list of state sponsors of terrorism. Secretary of State John ...38 comments 64 Recs
- Phyllis Schlafly has always been a racist, right-wing jackass, but at least she's honest about ...56 comments 37 Recs
- You ought to be out raising hell. This is the fighting age. Put on your fighting clothes. -Mother Jones ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Saturday ...11 comments 14 Recs
- 20 comments 45 Recs
- Denny Hastert, discussing the Mark ...241 comments 103 Recs
- Let's hope nothing does go wrong, but so far more than 500 800 people have RSVP'd to attend a Muhammad cartoon drawing contest in Phoenix on Friday, similar to the contest in Garland, Texas . That ...382 comments 141 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12437)
- Afghanistan (11510)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25129)
- Community (91454)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56296)
- eKos (12468)
- Environment (46358)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15162)
- Jobs (12495)
- Labor (28744)
- Libya (4270)