An unusually early and enormous snowstorm over the weekend caught South Dakota ranchers and farmers unprepared, killing tens of thousands of cattle and ravaging the state's $7 billion industry — an industry left without assistance because of the federal government shutdown.The enormity of this is simply stunning.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, Powered Grace, Creosote, marina, Roadbed Guy, Kevskos, martini, jayden, politik, cordgrass, marleycat, Buckeye54, Glen The Plumber, GreenMother, solarbay, blue91, Darwinian Detritus, stitchingasfastasIcan
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by pfiore8
- I've previously written that the president is a coward, hiding behind Nike and a whole host of other corporate sponsors in his pitch to pass the Trans Pacific Partnership. Probably the lowest he's ...145 comments 224 Recs
- Let's be clear: The Senate is not where the action ultimately is going to be when it comes to defeating "Fast Track" and the TPP. It will be in the House. Eventually, in my estimation, "fast track" ...366 comments 259 Recs
- Here's email I received this evening from Senator Ron Wyden (Oregon). Wyden made a real effort to salvage something from the TPP by changing the 'fast-track' procedures. He thought he had a deal, ...19 comments 10 Recs
- David Dayen does a pretty good job at deflating all of the administrations lies (yes, he boldly goes ahead and calls them that in his piece) concerning the benefits of the TPP. Here is the link: The ...138 comments 155 Recs
- Investor oriented Free Trade under T.P.P. is NOT compatible with taking action to limit Global Warming. Why? Because T.P.P. (like the WTO) includes a poison pill mechanism to penalize any national ...58 comments 74 Recs
- The President has issued a statement on the Trade Deal currently pending "fast track" authority in Congress. Last fall, I pledged that I would not submit NAFTA ...150 comments 268 Recs
- In his interview with President Obama, Matt Bai hits on what he thinks might be motivating the president's inexplicable enthusiasm for the TPP trade deal, against the wishes of his own party and ...176 comments 88 Recs
- Cross-Posted from DeSmogBlog A recent peer-reviewed study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has confirmed what many fracking critics have argued for years: hydraulic ...4 comments 5 Recs
- A most illuminating diary on the Rec List asks: Where is Clinton? I don't know. But I can tell you what I DO know--I know where another Democratic candidate for President is on "Fast Track" for ...242 comments 250 Recs
- So I'm watching Rachel Maddow last night, and she was busy promulgating the myth of Obama and his twelve-dimensional chess political strategy; this time the myth was being spun about the TPP and ...297 comments 116 Recs
- No current results.