You can click here to add your name:Nikki Haley is at it again. She and the South Carolina GOP are shamelessly selling access to the Governor’s mansion grounds. This time literally. That’s just wrong.
In a few weeks, Nikki and her friends will be opening the gates and hosting an “exclusive reception” on the grounds -- not for official business, but to raise cash to support her re-election.
Listen, if this doesn’t sit right with you, you’re not alone. Seems to me that using the Governor’s mansion grounds for a campaign fundraiser, at best, violates the spirit of the state’s ethics laws. If you agree, add your name to our online petition and tell Nikki Haley that you are tired of her using government property for campaign purposes. Add your name here >>This isn’t the first time Nikki has blurred the lines of what’s legal in South Carolina – flying campaign staff on state planes, using state vehicles to pick up out-of-state campaign cash, hiding income. The list goes on and on. We deserve better. South Carolina deserves someone who doesn’t have to cover things up or blur lines to preserve their political career.
If you agree it’s time for new leadership in South Carolina, add your name to our online petition right now:
Thanks for standing with us,
Sheheen for South Carolina
Received this e-mail today from State Senator Vincent Sheheen's (D. SC) gubernatorial campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...46 comments 46 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...5 comments 9 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...495 comments 161 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...61 comments 39 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 10 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.