You can click here to donate to PCCC's campaign:Sunday on CBS's Face the Nation, Sen. Mark Warner said: "We all know at the end of the day...Democrats are going to have to give on entitlement reform."
This is coming from one of the Democrats picked to negotiate with Paul Ryan and hash out a budget.
We need to pressure Sen. Warner on his home turf to stop pushing for a Grand Bargain that cuts Social Security.
Can you chip in $3 to help us mobilize deeply in Sen. Warner's home state of Virginia these next few months?
Sen. Warner has a bad habit of pre-emptive caving on Social Security. Days before the shutdown, Warner told CNBC, "Democrats are gonna have to give on entitlements."
This broken record needs to find a new tune --- one expands benefits for seniors and veterans, not cuts them.
Starting next week, we want to organize Warner's Virginia constituents, generate local media pressure, and flood his office with phone calls.
Please donate $3 to help us ensure that Sen. Warner hears loudly from his constituents.
Some groups won't name names of Democrats who need pressure. We just did because, with Social Security at stake, progressives need to pressure the right people.
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
-- Adam Green, PCCC co-founder
P.S. Help us really keep up the pressure on these negotiators by donating $3 monthly here.
Received this e-mail today from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee regarding Senator Mark Warner (D. VA) and Social Security:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
emmasnacker, oortdust, Gordon20024, JamieG from Md, Susan Grigsby, slice, SouthernLiberalinMD, OldDragon, greenbell
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...43 comments 40 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...30 comments 24 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...3 comments 6 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...28 comments 21 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...49 comments 34 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...24 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.