You can click here to add your name:I've visited countless manufacturing facilities in places like Asheville and Wilmington and Garner. I've talked to folks in every corner of North Carolina, and many say the same thing -- America needs to focus more on manufacturing.
North Carolina is the fourth largest manufacturing state in the country. The industry, which lost so much over the past decade, is now coming back. Over the past few years, we've successfully added thousands of manufacturing jobs right here in North Carolina -- revitalizing communities and laying the groundwork for us to create even more jobs on all levels of the supply chain.
In my years in the Senate, I've worked across party lines to keep our manufacturing industry growing. And today, I need you with me.
I'm joining some of my colleagues in a petition to demand Congress focus more on creating manufacturing jobs. Add your voice to ours -- sign the petition today:http://manufacturingjobsforamerica.com/...
These jobs are about more than just building computer components or construction materials, they're about building the economic security that allows North Carolinians to put food on the table, pay their mortgages, send their kids to college, and retire comfortably.
We are well positioned for North Carolina to be an American manufacturing hub. With smart investments and a lot of hard work we can grow this industry, train the workforce to fill it, and create the jobs of the future right here at home.
Tell Congress: It's time to focus on manufacturing. Sign our petition:
Thank you for reading, and for taking action on this issue. Together we can create the momentum we need.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...282 comments 441 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.