- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Oversexed Halloween:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Previewing November: Election Day in New Jersey and Virginia, by Steve Singiser
- Republican "outreach efforts" doomed, by Denise Oliver Velez
- A Year at the Lake, by Mark Sumner
- The final blow: Americans think Republicans don't care about them, by Dante Atkins
- A customer service reality check, by DarkSyde
- Real Liberals In The Media Must Stop Hyperventilating, by Egberto Willies
- Harvard or not, Chris Christie is much smarter than Ted Cruz. Do Republicans care, by Ian Reifowitz
- Want to stop hunger? Shift the food industry to plant based foods, by VL Baker
- Two micro elections with mega implications, by David Jarman
- In case you missed it, Lou Reed died on Sunday. He was 71. RIP, Lou.
- Breaking news: Blind squirrel finds nut:
Rick Santorum, the man who thinks the television show "Will and Grace" is to blame for the recent influx of same-sex marriage legislation, believes U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) did the Republican party no favors during the federal government shutdown.
Santorum, the former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania and Republican presidential candidate, said Sunday that Cruz, in his attempt to gut President Barack Obama's health care law, "did more harm" than good.
- Oh, major sad face for Mr. Confederacy Pride (who really needs to read the First Amendment):
A University of Rochester student is accusing the college of violating his First Amendment rights after a residence hall adviser reportedly forced him to remove a Confederate flag from his dorm room window over the “discomfort" it was causing.
- This pretty much says it all: This Guy’s Wife Got Cancer, So He Did Something Unforgettable. The Last 3 Photos Destroyed Me.
- Words fail:
In the “not the brightest move ever” category, two young men in Florida thought it would be a neat idea to dress up as Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman for Halloween.
... It seems like every year we get some brainiac who thinks it a good idea to do something incredibly tasteless, but this certainly ranks up with the worst. The “costume” includes Trayvon in blackface, wearing a hoodie, with a big red blood stain on his chest. The Zimmerman character sports a “neighborhood watch” t-shirt, and while posing for the camera, Zimmerman pretends to shoot Trayvon.
Oh the fun never ends.
- You won't believe this mascot for testicular cancer.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin tells us political science says most political arguments aren't working. ACA website issues. The weekend's most interesting long reads: Keller/Greenwald, and Posner. The NSA turns out, probably to no one's genuine surprise, is monitoring pretty much everybody in the world. Lindsey Graham threatens to block all appointments in the Senate, because Benghazi. The House insists it wants to hold a vote disapproving of the debt ceiling hike. The Hill reminds us of the existence of the "Food Stamp Cliff." Brian Beutler (and Digby... and Armando) know there's no dealing with these bozos.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
greenbird, eeff, Russron, Lefty Coaster, gpoutney, TomFromNJ, Gentle Giant, annieli, DRo, belinda ridgewood, Yo Bubba, howabout, LilithGardener
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 39 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 265 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.