Really brief. Not a proper diary. According to The Huffington Post marriage equality has passed out of state senate committee after 10 hours of debate. From here it goes to the full senate. Gov. Abercrombie expects to sign marriage equality into law within the week.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, livosh1, Jay C, peacestpete, mconvente, JamieG from Md, mjbleo, enhydra lutris, antooo, poopdogcomedy, Bob the old soldier
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by SouthernLeveller
- Last week in Texas, a Republican lawmaker proposed an amendment so outrageous, that even some of his own GOP colleagues were repulsed. ...456 comments 355 Recs
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I call myself that in order to distinguish myself from the dominant strain of North American Christianity. At the risk of sounding arrogant and judgmental, I am ...137 comments 42 Recs
- Bernie Sanders Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who describes himself as ...332 comments 88 Recs
- Days after Senate janitors and cafeteria workers walked out to protest low wages, and after one janitor's homelessness made news, ...17 comments 48 Recs
- British Prime Minister David Cameron For over a hundred years, British politics has largely functioned as a three-party ...71 comments 80 Recs
- As the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments whether there is a Constitutional right to gay marriage, some conservative justices have expressed their ambivalence about leading the country into what ...8 comments 17 Recs
- Johno Espejo (left) and Matthew Mansell, a plaintiff couple in the marriage equality case, being interviewed outside the Supreme Court.52 comments 73 Recs
- The case Obergefell v. Hodges was argued today, and there was only really two substantial arguments that came from the Respondents (who are against marriage equality). And by substantial, I mean ...100 comments 65 Recs
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is trying to do ...3 comments 20 Recs
- Tired of the "distraction," the NFL is moving on.117 comments 108 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.