You can click here to donate to Schatz's campaign:People like you sign on to grassroots teams like ours for many reasons. Maybe you saw a petition you agreed with. Maybe you got one of our emails and decided to sign up.
But at the core, we all want to make a difference, however we can, to support the progressive values we all share. And when it comes to working for progress in the U.S. Senate, we need all the help we can get.That’s why today I’m asking for your help -- not for me, but for a friend: Senator Brian Schatz from Hawaii. Brian is up for election. He has done great work in Washington -- working to preserve Medicare, protect Social Security, and make prescription medications more affordable for low-income families.
Brian needs our support. Will you join me in helping Brian fight back against special interests? Donate $5 or more right now!
Sam, the Tea Party in Washington has tried time and time again to turn Medicare into a voucher system. They’ve tried to take away the Social Security benefits our seniors have earned through years of hard work.
I’ve been there each time to fight back. You’ve been with me. And Brian has been there, too.
Brian is a target for the special interest groups he fights against in Washington. And if you and I want to make a difference, the best thing we can do is support Brian, who’s always fought for us.
I hope you can help me help Brian’s grassroots team with a contribution of $5 today.
Thank you for helping me support Brian.
I love seeing Democrats I like backing Democratic candidates I fully support. Senator Sherrod Brown (D. OH) is one of my favorite Democrats and I'm happy to see him get behind my pick in the Hawaii U.S. Senate Democratic Primary, Senator Brian Schatz (D. HI):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
fcvaguy, GreyHawk, begone, Karen from Maui, FishOutofWater, TomP, stevenaxelrod, ban nock, nogo postal, Democrats Ramshield, Arilca Mockingbird, jbsoul
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...14 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 18 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 86 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...83 comments 169 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 71 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...30 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.