You can click here to add your name:This is exactly what I was afraid of:
Last week, a plant in Newtown, PA that employs over 1,000 workers announced it would be shutting its doors in 2015. The high-tech manufacturing facility produced cutting edge GPS and satellite systems, but drastic and arbitrary government spending cuts are forcing it to cease operations.
This is a clear sign that the destructive across the board spending cuts triggered by the sequester are taking a toll here at home. As Senator Bob Casey said, "the negative impacts of the sequester are not some abstraction, but a real problem that is hurting families in Bucks County and across the country."We knew this could happen. Now, over 1,000 families will have to figure out how to make ends meet because Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick and the broken House GOP can't get their act together to fix this mess.
Will you join me today to call on Congressman Fitzpatrick to balance the budget the right way instead of on the backs of Pennsylvania's working families?
Add your name to our petition calling on Fitzpatrick to fix this mess right now >>
It was bad enough that Congressman Fitzpatrick voted for the reckless shutdown that jeopardized 6,000 jobs here in the 8th District. Now, his irresponsible support for the sequester means over 1,000 jobs are gone for good.
We have to end the sequester that has disastrous consequences for working families in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. If we don’t fight for the middle class in Pennsylvania's 8th District, who will?
Sign now: http://action.kevinstrouse.com/...
Thanks for standing with us,
Received this e-mail from Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran Kevin Strouse (D. PA-08) who is hammering Tea Party Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick (R. PA-08) over local job losses caused by the sequester:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...17 comments 39 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...123 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 91 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 180 Recs
- No current results.