You can click here to add your name:Last week, Senate Democrats took action to end the relentless, unprecedented obstruction of Tea Party bullies in the Senate.
In a majority vote, we changed the rules to put an end to filibusters of executive and judicial nominees -- alleviating some of the massive gridlock and allowing President Obama to get the team he needs to run the country.And now, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, and the same Tea Party members that shut down the government last month are threatening to grind Washington to a halt.
Democrats are doing everything we can to stop the obstruction and get the Senate back to work. Republicans are doing just the opposite. Sign the petition to tell Ted Cruz and Senate Republicans: Stop the obstruction.
The Senate’s role in confirming executive and judicial nominees is to advise and consent -- not to obstruct and delay. Senate Republicans had no stated objections to the qualifications of most of the president’s nominees -- rather, their objection was to the Senate functioning at all.
Ending that obstruction is a huge victory for this country -- a step forward in reforming the filibuster and getting the Senate working for families in Massachusetts and across the country. It’s time the Tea Party faction accepted that.I we’re going to keep moving forward, we all need to work together. Show Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, and their right-wing friends where you stand. Tell them to stop obstructing progress and get the Senate moving.
Thank you for your help on this.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I received this e-mail today from Senator Ed Markey (D. MA) reminding us that the next government shutdown will be happening soon and we need to fight back:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sharoney, emal, greenbird, vadem165, whenwego, lcrp, FlyingToaster, Alan Arizona, john07801, sfbob, jamess, Lujane, divineorder, imchange, Amber6541, thomask, IndieGuy, jennyp, Dodgerdog1
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- After the New York Times story about Wei-Hock Soon (Willie Soon) secretly taking money from fossil fuel interests to produce discredited scientific research denying climate change, there was some ...12 comments 30 Recs
- The Democratic side of 2016's run for the presidency has ...87 comments 24 Recs
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...27 comments 57 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...48 comments 48 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...129 comments 33 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.209 comments 331 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.