You can click here to donate to Honda's campaign:I rarely endorse candidates in primaries, but Mike Honda is a progressive leader and we need him in Congress, representing the heart of Silicon Valley in California. That’s one big reason why Democracy for America is making Rep. Honda our first congressional endorsement of the 2014 election cycle.
At DFA, we support Democrats with backbone, who lead with vision and who fight for core Democratic values. We're working to elect not just any Democrat, but better Democrats. I’ve known Mike for years -- he’s one of the strongest progressives we have in Congress.
It’s more important now than ever. The Tea Party has launched the most radical right-wing assault on the middle class that I have ever seen. They're working to destroy healthcare reform, workers' rights, women's rights, and Social Security -- and so much more.
That’s why we need progressive leaders like Mike in Congress who have a record of standing up for our shared progressive values and fighting back against the right wing.
Can you chip in $5 today to help DFA elect progressive champions like Mike Honda and help us take back the House in 2014?
In the House, Mike has fought tirelessly to represent his constituents in the Bay Area and support progressive values, from fiercely supporting LGBT rights and women’s reproductive rights to introducing legislation to expand Social Security benefits and prevent debt ceiling showdowns that threaten America’s economy.
Now Mike is facing a corporate-backed challenger whose big money donors are intent on buying Mike’s congressional seat.
The fight to take back the House from the far right and elect a progressive majority starts now -- and it starts with re-electing Mike Honda.
Can you chip in $5 to help DFA take back the House -- and elect more progressive heroes like Mike Honda -- today?
Thank you for everything you do.
Governor Howard Dean
Founder, Democracy for America
Received this e-mail today from former Governor Howard Dean (D. VT) and the good people at Democracy For America:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Andrew Lazarus, Odysseus, Eyesbright, LakeSuperior, Pam from Calif, Senor Unoball, LaughingPlanet, annieli, whaddaya, quill, Glen The Plumber, remembrance, Dodgerdog1, Vivek
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...44 comments 43 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...31 comments 26 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...4 comments 8 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...29 comments 22 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...54 comments 37 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...25 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.