You can click here to donate to Nunn's campaign:Did you see this in the Huffington Post? One of Michelle's opponents said he wants poor kids who receive meals under the school lunch program to "sweep the floor of the cafeteria."
Really? Have poor kids sweep the floor of the cafeteria in order to eat lunch?
It's a shame that our political leaders in Washington are willing to use Georgia kids who can't afford school lunch to score political points. Seven year-old kids sweeping the floors while their classmates pass them in the hallways won't put them in a situation to get a better education.That's why it's so important that we elect a problem-solver like Michelle Nunn as our next U.S. senator. She has spent the last 25 years working to ensure that all kids in Georgia, and around the country, have a fair chance at fulfilling their unique gifts. She has mobilized volunteers to provide tens of thousands of kids access to the nutrition, books, and academic enrichment that gives them a level playing field for success.
The single most important thing you can do right now to help send Michelle to the U.S. Senate is to make a contribution to our $100,000 end-of-quarter fundraising drive.
Will you contribute $10 or more to Michelle's campaign today, before the December 31 FEC deadline?
Your support before the deadline will make a huge statement about the kind of leader Georgians want representing them in the U.S. Senate -- a leader who can bring people together across differences to solve problems, and not politicians in Washington who are willing to scapegoat kids in order to score political points.
The choice we face in Georgia is so clear. Thank you for supporting Michelle at this crucial moment in the campaign.
Michelle Nunn for Senate
For the most part, Michelle Nunn's (D. GA) been keeping her campaign positive but I'm happy that her campaign is starting to really go after her GOP opponents. And her campaign is going after her one opponent, Rep. Jack Kingston (R. GA):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
cosette, HeyMikey, econlibVA, Curt Matlock, ichibon, Wary, global citizen, theKgirls, kerflooey, bgblcklab1, freesia, PorridgeGun, worldlotus, anodnhajo, a2nite, Lily O Lady, Jorge Harris, happyshadow
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 69 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 15 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 112 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...828 comments 156 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...374 comments 145 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...331 comments 330 Recs
- No current results.