- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Know your potheads:
- Daddy Cruz is going rogue:
On Monday, Cruz, the father of Sen. Ted Cruz, endorsed the Garland Republican in her bid to beat incumbent Pete Sessions in the March primary for the 32nd Congressional District seat. [...]
Former Dallas County Republican Party chairman Jonathan Neerman, a Sessions supporter, said Rafael Cruz’s endorsement would not be a big boost for Pierson.
“He’s speaking for himself,” Neerman said. “Ted Cruz has not endorsed in this race.”
- Perhaps the greatest potential candidate of all time?
A Gallatin man who made national headlines when state wildlife officials confiscated his pet raccoon last year has announced he is running for governor.
Mark “Coonrippy” Brown, 55, pulled a petition for the office on Friday with intentions to challenge incumbent Gov. Bill Haslam in the Republican primary in August.
“This is all about the raccoon,” Brown said.
Brown said his letter to TWRA officials seeking a permit went unanswered and a petition to Haslam with over 60,000 signatures was returned unopened.
“Gov. Haslam ignored the cries from the entire United States,” he said. [...]
“He can free prisoners, he can pardon people, but he refused the online petition and refused to accept the letter,” he said. “All eyes were on Tennessee and it made us look bad. It made it look like we were under Caesar’s law.”
- Surprising absolutely no one:
Sen. John McCain said he is still "looking very seriously" at a sixth Senate run in 2016 during an interview on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Monday night.
"I think there is a lot going on. I'm at the top of my game so I'm very happy to have the chance," McCain said.
- In case you missed it:
So here is a tale of justice of sorts: Joe Rickey Hundley, the former executive from Idaho who slapped a crying toddler on a Delta flight as it was on approach to Atlanta last February, has been sentenced to eight months in federal prison for the assault. He had pleaded guilty in October in a plea bargain that was supposed to have given him a six-month sentence, but the judge gave Hundley more time because he had a previous criminal history including an assault. And also, who the hell slaps a baby and yells “shut that n****r baby up” while doing it? Oh yes: this guy.
- How cold is it?
- And speaking of the cold weather, it really brings out the stupid in people.
- Each year, Netroots Nation asks for your help in developing and organizing the sessions you’ll attend at Netroots Nation. It's that time again, as we prepare for NN14 in Detroit, Michigan (July 17-20). Your submissions will help NN14 feature an inclusive agenda and help shape the national dialog for progressives in the coming months. If you have an idea for a diverse panel that can help the broader progressive movement, help empower and motivate activists, please submit it. You can get the guidelines and the submission form here.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined us to share his round-up. A compromise spending bill may avert another gov't shutdown. Liz Cheney drops out. Brookings discovers that "trickle-down" doesn't & both parties move to stake out an economic inequality position. Monte Frank & CT delegation write, "Gun violence survivor carries a message for us all." A new book & a film about the 1971 FBI break-in that yielded the COINTELPRO documents, and the sudden change in the FBI's "primary mission" led us to spend an awful lot of time thinking about the ground that post-Watergate reforms of all sorts have lost to reactionary Republicans.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, JeffW, divineorder, annieli, wintergreen8694, ratcityreprobate, Rejoinder, Dodgerdog1, LilPeach
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 39 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...84 comments 263 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.