You can add your name here:The Senate took a step in the right direction today by moving to allow debate on renewing unemployment insurance, but final passage is far from certain.
We have to continue putting pressure on Republicans in the House and Senate to get these life-saving benefits renewed.
In New Hampshire, 1,100 people, including moms and dads, are going without money they’re depending on. Across the country, the number could climb to 4.5 million Americans.
They’re forced to choose between paying their mortgage, putting food on the table or enough gas in their car so they can go back out and look for a job.
This is cruel, unconscionable and unprecedented. During the presidency of George W. Bush, unemployment insurance was extended five times. Five times. That Republicans are now balking represents a calculated attack on workers that costs our economy 310,000 jobs.
We need to demand obstructionist Republicans help us before families fall too far behind. Americans can’t afford to wait.
Click here to tell Republican obstructionists in Congress to help us pass an extension of unemployment insurance immediately.
Thank you for standing with our neighbors and fellow Americans,
Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH) is joining her Senate colleagues in demanding the House GOP extends unemployment benefits:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Politics makes for strange bedfellows. A person who usually hosts and raises funds for Democrats in PA threw his weight behind right wing Republicans in recent years, hosting fundraisers for ...1 comments 2 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Democrats allied with Hillary Rodham Clinton are mounting a nationwide legal battle 17 months before the 2016 ...28 comments 90 Recs
- After the New York Times story about Wei-Hock Soon (Willie Soon) secretly taking money from fossil fuel interests to produce discredited scientific research denying climate change, there was some ...14 comments 33 Recs
- Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick at The New York Times report : The Democrats began last month with lawsuits filed in Ohio and Wisconsin, presidential ...56 comments 113 Recs
- The Democratic side of 2016's run for the presidency has ...101 comments 28 Recs
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...28 comments 57 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...49 comments 48 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...129 comments 33 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.211 comments 331 Recs
- No current results.