Hello from a lurker to this wonderful group. Please meet Nanook. Our fifth Huskie, our fourth rescue. He joins current sisters Dory and Minx at home. He's an ear-splitting barker and we can't figure out how to convince him to simply talk to us. We adore him and will learn to love the hearing impairments he is causing eventually. But I was hoping someone may have a new idea for us. He's sweet and gentle and loving, and he doesn't automatically get what he wants when he barks. But he doesn't seem to have any volume control. Can you help? Thanks.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Powered Grace, BlackSheep1, Aquarius40, chimene, Pam from Calif, markdd, BachFan, JaxDem, Youffraita, LinSea, WakeUpNeo, manucpa, zooecium, Santa Susanna Kid, whaddaya, jacey, swampyankee, carolanne, jennyp, Portlaw, Most Awesome Nana, SanFernandoValleyMom, broths
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by santas
- I've been spending hours and hours over the past few months in deep meditation. Meditation regarding my life, life in general, life on earth, humanity, how my life fits in with humanity... how my ...40 comments 53 Recs
- I never wanted to have children. I grew up knowing I never wanted to get married and I never wanted to have children. I didn't understand myself at the time, but I now realize I avoid commitment. It'...34 comments 40 Recs
- I am truly weary, deep in my bones, of writing these columns about the killings of unarmed people of color by the police. Indeed, you may be weary of reading them. Still, our weariness is but a dim ...46 comments 122 Recs
- Several years ago, I was asked to speak at an event at the Santa Fe Mountain Center about my experiences within the LGBT community. It was around National Coming Out Day on October 9, and I had the ...36 comments 51 Recs
- I had a request to do a diary about entertainers who served in the military. Turns out it wasn't as easy as I thought. This is in no way a comprehensive list. There were just too many to work with. ...630 comments 449 Recs
- Derrick Wheatt, Laurese Glover, and Eugene Johnson moments before being freed by the judge In 1995, three young men, just high school students at the time—Laurese Glover, then ...107 comments 152 Recs
- I just came from the local 7-11. Walking to my car I noticed at the edge of the parking lot a quite elderly man holding a rough, well-used sign saying "HELP VET". He was over 80 by my guess. ...34 comments 153 Recs
- There are no surer guarantors of the extraordinary than a story which is prefaced by a explanation of how ordinary things had seemed in its beginning. Ask survivors of the attacks on the World ...86 comments 86 Recs
- I'll offer these 21 incredible photos of people from all over the world with little commentary. Words would diminish their import. I will say this: some are happy and some are sad.... and they are ...116 comments 336 Recs
- Jim Ward (D-Wichita) couldn't have imagined how his plan to force medicaid hearings would go in February . Today, in Topeka, the answer was made clear as the hearing was forced into larger rooms -180 comments 557 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.