You can click here to add your name:It should go without saying that our men and women in uniform deserve our respect and gratitude for their sacrifices made in the service of our country. And when they leave the military and reenter civilian life, they deserve the opportunity to build a life for themselves and their families in the workforce.
That’s why I helped write and pass the Combat Veterans Back to Work Act -- a law that provides tax credits to businesses that hire recently-returned veterans, including members of the Iowa National Guard. And it has worked -- over 50,000 veterans have been hired nationwide using this credit, including nearly 1,400 right here in Iowa.Unfortunately, John Boehner and his extreme Republican allies allowed the tax credit to expire at the end of last month.
Tell Speaker Boehner to extend the work opportunity tax credit for returning veterans and wounded warriors immediately. Sign the petition today.http://www.brucebraley.com/...
The national unemployment rate for post 9/11 veterans is currently at an unacceptable 10 percent. And in Iowa it’s 7.8 percent.
Extending the tax credits to businesses that hire veterans is a win-win situation that’s good for our troops and our economy. It helps reduce unemployment among veterans while also providing businesses with the dependability, professional skills, and discipline that come with hiring military men and women.
Tell Speaker Boehner to do the right thing and extend tax incentives for companies that hire returning military veterans.
Thank you for supporting me and our returning heroes.
Received this e-mail today from Rep. Bruce Braley's (D. IA-01) U.S. Senate campaign regarding our Veterans and unemployment:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.