Carter's response will be on GPB tonight at 7:45 PM. If you can watch the response but would like to get involved with campaign, you can do so here:I’m about to respond to Governor Deal’s State of the State and stand up for the hardworking, resilient people of Georgia.
Be sure to tune in to Georgia Public Broadcasting at approximately 7:45pm this evening to watch my response to Governor Deal in full.
We just heard Governor Deal tell the people of Georgia that he’s “making Georgia a better place to live, work, and raise a family.”
But if you’re not a big business, political dealmaker, or one of the Governor’s friends, his words probably didn’t resonate with you.Despite the Governor’s lofty promises, 363,000 Georgians are still looking for work, and our state unemployment rate ranks 40th in the nation. The middle class is still losing out. Adjusted for inflation, the average Georgia family in effect makes $6,000 less than the average family did 10 years ago.
Don’t let the Governor’s pledge to improve public education and technical job training fool you. The single biggest failure of our current leadership in Georgia is the dismantling of our education system. Georgia now ranks among the worst in the country in how many educators we have to teach our students. And, as a result of this governor’s policies, we lost almost 45,000 of our technical college students in the last two years.
I believe in creating a strong climate for business in our state. But you can't have a strong economy if you leave the middle class and small business behind.
It’s time to give Georgians a chance to build great businesses, strong communities, and proud families. Let’s work together to invest in our state’s education and improve the economy, giving the people of Georgia the opportunities they deserve.
Don’t miss my response to the State of the State -- it’ll air at 7:45pm tonight on GPB.
P.S. Forward this message to a few friends. It’s going to take all of us working together to get our state back on the right track.
Received this e-mail today from State Senator Jason Carter's (D. GA) gubernatorial campaign who will be delivering his response to Governor Nathan Deal's (R. GA) State of State speech tonight:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Odysseus, Josiah Bartlett, bunsk, myboo, bear83, JamieG from Md, Mister Met, libraboom, Dodgerdog1
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...14 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 18 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.140 comments 85 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...83 comments 168 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 71 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...30 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.