- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is The Climateers!
- Today's "Ask me anything about Daily Kos" is hosted by DK's own, Adam Bonin. Get ready to grill him in the diaries starting at 3:30 ET!
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- What's the difference between a Medicare navigator and an Obamacare navigator, by Jon Perr
- The history of racist resistance to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Democrat Wendy Davis will be Texas governor as she empathizes with those sharing her story, by Egberto Willies
- In a wave of retirements, a lesson: not all open seats are created equal, by Steve Singiser
- Corporate shills take aim at workers fighting for a living wage, by Ian Reifowitz
- Zombie Reagan lies about poor, Mark E Andersen
- Is your CEO-employee worth it, by DarkSyde
- The most important day in the 21st century, by VL Baker
- Pushing for new sanctions on Iran, at a moment of historic diplomatic breakthrough, is fomenting war, by Laurence Lewis
President Vladimir Putin said Friday that gay people have nothing to fear in Russia as long as they leave children alone.
Putin met with a group of volunteers in the Olympic mountain venue at Krasnaya Polyana on Friday to wish them success at the Games. During a question-and-answer session, one volunteer asked him about Russia’s attitudes toward gays, a subject that has provoked worldwide controversy, and Putin offered what was apparently meant to be a reassuring answer for visitors to the Olympics.
“One can feel calm and at ease,” he said. “Just leave kids alone, please.”
- Remember the brilliant plan to save the black rhino by shooting one down? The "lucky winner" may be rethinking his auction bid:
Corey Knowlton is on edge sitting inside a Las Vegas hotel room, surrounded by a private security detail, explaining why he spent $350,000 for the chance to hunt a black rhinoceros in the southern African nation of Namibia.When reached for comment, the black rhino said, "I feel his pain."
"If I sound emotional, it's because I have people threatening my kids," Knowlton told CNN. "It's because I have people threatening to kill me right now [that] I'm having to talk to the FBI and have private security to keep my children from being skinned alive and shot at."
- How many of you have heard of King Alfred the Great?
Archaeologists searching for the remains of King Alfred the Great think they may have found his pelvis bone.
However, they also think it could belong to his son Edward the Elder.
- In case you missed this heartwarming holiday tale (or should that be "tail"?):
A South Carolina woman, Helen Ann Williams, was arrested on Christmas Day for stabbing her common-law husband with a ceramic squirrel the night before.
His crime? Heading out to buy beer, finding the store closed, and thus returning home empty-handed – it was Christmas Eve, after all.
The woman was apparently so incensed about her husband being beer-less, she picked up a ceramic squirrel (who doesn’t have a ceramic squirrel?), hit him over the head with it, then stabbed him in the shoulder and chest.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, the big news event of the day: President Obama's speech addressing proposed NSA reforms. Greg Dworkin's lightning round headline recap! Duck Dynasty premiere tanks. Mathematigal smacks down mansplaining Nature letter. UT RINOs Hatch & Lee help someone get Obamacare! The Jonathans Corner: Cohn, "Obamacare's a 'Bailout' Now?" & Chait, "The Death of the Death of Obamacare." O'Reilly Benghazi derp. Armando on Benghazi mania; Christie's other transportation shenanigans, and recent revelations about yet more NSA spying techniques. Then, a look ahead at the president's NSA speech from Reuters & Ambinder.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 151 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:23 comments 36 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 255 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.