Oh, yes. This news is sure to delight many. The build up for Los Angeles' big Rush Limbaugh KEIB move, slated for January 20, was preempted by an Los Angeles Kings hockey game, reports LARadio:“For several weeks, KFI promoted Rush's [big] move to KEIB today – January 20,” wrote Gary West from MrPopCulture.com. “I tuned in the 11 a.m. hour and at 11:30 – without any kind of mention – the Kings’ hockey pre-game began, pre-empting the last half-hour. Is this station talk and sports? Totally confused. Is somebody kidding?”
Apparently the program director, Robin Betolucci, felt her partners, the Stanley Cup Champions, LA Kings, were more important than Rush Limbaugh. Why yes they are!“This was a rare situation with an early game,” emailed KEIB pd Robin Bertolucci. “Most Kings games start late afternoon or early evening. Once or twice a year there is an early game such as yesterday's. This one forced us to pre-empt 30 minutes of Rush's show since coverage started at 11:30.”
Oh, how the Right-Wing Conservative rags did toot and jump all over Limbaugh's move. They claimed it was a promotion, but in reality, it was a demotion claims radio veteran, Howard Hoffman, on the BradBlog.com."Between the two other 24/7 right wing stations, KABC (0.7) and KRLA (0.3), the total audience is right at a 1 share, meaning 99% of the available audience does NOT listen to conservative talk radio, despite the bluster and bravado. Rush being taken off KFI's signal on 640AM and shoved up into the upper end of the AM dial at 1150AM is the radio equivalent of being put in the naughty corner.
And Limbaugh's Clear Channel daddy? They are billions in debt. So who's footing the bill for Limbaugh's failure with thousands of sponsors leaving, a mega-network suffering financially, and stations replacing Limbaugh with Country and Rock and Roll? Well, we know the Tea Party/Koch Brothers/Freedom Works/Heritage Foundation are helping to 'sponsor' Limbaugh, and yes, they have unlimited funds. But sooner or later El Rushbo is going to puck up again - and game will be over.
To get involved with the boycotts, petitions, and protests:
Thank you, Richard Myers. Rest In Peace. We Will Finish This.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
cotterperson, ericy, grover, 88kathy, susans, Alna Dem, blueyedace2, myboo, Dave in Northridge, certainot, maggiejean, bobatkinson, mookins, Things Come Undone, LeftCoastTom, IndieGuy, a2nite, JGibson, BusyinCA, Linda1961, Witgren, Smoh, ET3117, The Marti
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- Terrible Presidential candidate Jeb Bush has had a very hard time distancing himself from his brother George Jr., the worst President in US history. Okay, maybe he is showing some of them ...29 comments 41 Recs
- The other day a guy tried to run me off the road. I was driving to work at around 70mph in heavy traffic. A large pickup passes me on the right, and then barrels into my lane with about 3 feet of ...74 comments 33 Recs
- A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...117 comments 146 Recs
- GOP 2016 hopefuls have decided it's all about the base on ...22 comments 23 Recs
- A portion of the 4-mile-wide oil spill near Santa Barbara, CA Campers at popular Refugio State Beach in California were alarmed by noxious fumes and notified authorities, who discovered ...101 comments 157 Recs
- I wanted to write about "Grace and Frankie" this week. The new series on Netflix stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda as two 70-something wives whose husbands ...180 comments 88 Recs
- Quick heads-up to remind my fellow progressives to be a bit more cautious when sharing anti-Hillary memes on the Net. Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are busy trying to undermine our strongest ...421 comments 182 Recs
- I guess this is the kind of heart-warming bipartisanship President Obama has been hoping for after all these years of tooth-and-nail opposition from Republicans: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top ...100 comments 97 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 389 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.