- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Cartoon: Obama Translated:
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Marching forward together: from Selma to Raleigh, by Denise Oliver Velez
- From West Virginia to Wall Street: Greed shows the need for tough, smart regulation, by Ian Reifowitz
- Will the Supreme Court take its latest chance to weaken unions, by Laura Clawson
- Snowden is in cahoots with evil space aliens, or maybe orcs and trolls, or maybe even... Satan, by Laurence Lewis
- Journalism, blogging and Ezra Klein, by Armando
- GOP marks 10 years since giving Bush clean debt ceiling hike, by Jon Perr
- What is the path to an America beyond Capitalism, by Egberto Willies
- Ceres: A mystery world about to come into focus, by DarkSyde
- Daily Kos General Manager Will Rockafellow will be on hand today at 12:30 PM Pacific Time as the host of another round of Ask Me Anything ... About Daily Kos.
- Join Sen. Bernie Sanders, Daily Kos and other coalition partners on a conference call Monday evening, at 8 PM ET, to talk about how we protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid and create an agenda that works for all Americans and not just power special interests. To join the call, please RSVP here.
- John Bolton gets standing ovation for saying he is thinking about running for president in 2016: The comment was made at a Los Angeles Republican fundraiser Tuesday. The former U.N. ambassador and superhawk also had a interview with conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt:
Mr. Hewitt, who attended the L.A. fundraising dinner for Mr. Bolton later that night, makes two predictions on the Bolton front: Mr. Bolton will run, and at the least, he will play the provocateur’s role that former House Speaker Newt Gingrich did in 2012.Just looking at him is enough to make some of us squirm.
“He will make the others on the stage squirm, just like Newt did,” Mr. Hewitt said.
- These Daily Kos community posts were the most shared on Facebook Jan. 23:
- Sub-freezing temperatures kill at least five homeless people in the past week.
- Paul Ryan doesn't want to be Speaker of the House:
“I could’ve decided to go on the elected leadership route years ago,” Ryan said during a luncheon sponsored by local chambers of commerce and the nonprofit news outlet the Texas Tribune. “I’m more of a policy person. I prefer spending my days on policy and my weekends at home with my family."
- Hillary Clinton gets a cover at the NYT Magazine like no other leading politician of the past five years.
- We can't wait to see what other gems Mike Huckabee comes out with to top his libido comment if he runs for president in 2016. On today's show #TeamBlackness discusses the wrong way stores promote Dr. King's legacy, how to keep your NFL cheerleading game tight, and the fact that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is up to his drunken antics again, but is actually spot on with his Patois.
- Censuring John McCain?
Some [Arizona] Republicans want the state GOP to buck U.S. Sen. John McCain from his bipartisan saddle and censure him for what they call his “long and terrible record of drafting, co-sponsoring and voting for legislation best associated with liberal Democrats.”
GOP activists plan to try to introduce a resolution censuring McCain during Saturday’s annual state party meeting in Tempe.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Mike Huckabee says women must control their libidos, and Dick Black says men can't, because "nighties." Greg Dworkin rounds up the Christie news, Ryan Cooper's "The tea party and the structure of American government," Beinert on Rand Paul, and two from Sarah Kliff tracking ACA news. We gave in to more Richard Sherman stories, again comparing his bravado to that of, say, "successful" businessmen and tech bros. Very Serious News interview interrupted for a Bieber update! "Take your tech start-up gospel and shove it." And "When companies break the law and people pay: The scary lesson of the Google Bus."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Lawdog, OLinda, Eyesbright, viral, sunbro, Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse, blueoregon, JeffW, LinSea, CanyonWren, Betty Pinson, annieli, wintergreen8694, Eric Nelson, Mr Robert, Portlaw, aresea, Aunt Pat
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- The Guardian British art collective Kennard Phillipps have reimagined the bucolic US artwork ...6 comments 26 Recs
- The title of this diary was the title of a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee for the Constitution that was held on May 20, 2015. The subcommittee is chaired by John Cornyn, who has been a ...6 comments 24 Recs
- My heart goes out to the residents of the areas affected by tornadoes and flooding in Texas, Oklahoma, and Mexico. I have heard some heartbreaking stories of loss of lives and of destruction of ...34 comments 109 Recs
- Good morning everyone and welcome to Saturday Morning Garden Blogging, the Goodbye to Gardening Edition. After thirty-five years of living and gardening in Big Sky Country, through flood and drought,177 comments 89 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...103 comments 40 Recs
- 54 comments 125 Recs
- Dave Trabert, author for the Kansas Policy Institute - a right wing Kansas local think tank took to his online blog to declare the Kansas Legislature was prepared to abdicate their duty. http://...19 comments 28 Recs
- Martin O'Malley is Hillary Clinton's second announced opponent for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. O'Malley gave the standard Democratic speech covering broad middle-...421 comments 65 Recs
- I knew there was a reason I liked this guy ... Why Bernie's words echo like a clarion call of times gone past, when fighting for the 'little guy', the 'average schmoe' was more than a slogan -- that ...13 comments 32 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12442)
- Afghanistan (11513)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25160)
- Community (91490)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2399)
- Economy (56300)
- eKos (12468)
- Environment (46387)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15179)
- Jobs (12498)
- Labor (28757)
- Libya (4270)