You can click here to add your name:Governor Snyder is desperately trying to prove that his $1 billion education cuts never happened and that schools are actually better off now than before he took office. His budget director insists that even his "fifth grader can figure it out."
Is he serious?Snyder and his team can perform all the accounting acrobatics they want, but the fact remains: Michigan schools are struggling. While corporations are enjoying Snyder's massive $1.8 billion tax cut, our kids are being left behind in overcrowded, underfunded classrooms.
Mark Schauer and I have had enough of this governor's spin. Join us in telling him that even a fifth grader knows that slashing education funding is no way to build a strong economy!
I'm tired of hearing how the governor is a CPA and somehow knows more about numbers than the rest of us. He thinks he can bully us into believing that his policies have helped our economy and our kids.
Michigan has the fourth worst unemployment in the nation, and too many Michigan families are dipping below the poverty level, and significantly less money is being funneled to our classrooms.
Add your name to Mark's petition today and demand that Governor Snyder invest more in our children's future!
When Mark says he's going to be Michigan's "education governor," he means it. Let's stand with Mark!
State Representative Brandon Dillon
Received this e-mail from State Rep. Brandon Dillon (D. MI) on behalf of Mark Schauer's (D. MI) gubernatorial campaign regarding Governor Rick Snyder's (R. MI) cuts to education:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, Hector Solon, maybeeso in michigan, LakeSuperior, ScottyUrb, Amber6541, Eclectablog, Eric Nelson, howabout
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 13 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...85 comments 110 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...724 comments 149 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...360 comments 141 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...300 comments 314 Recs
- Stand up and say you're mad as hell and you won't take it anymore! Elizabeth Warren was a guest speaker this week at The Code Conference —"where top industry influencers in ...46 comments 93 Recs
- Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...40 comments 18 Recs
- While the political press corps moans about how ...445 comments 127 Recs
- I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...22 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.