Republicans are caving on immigration? I'm beginning to think that the 400 lb. gorilla in the room is simple timing. Republicans have a base to assuage for the primary and then a general election to win after the primary has passed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you pretend to block immigration until the primary is over and win your base, then you try to win the general by passing immigration reform before November.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by nthelurch
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...193 comments 476 Recs
- So I won't tarry in getting to the point. If I have to listen to one more supposed liberal or progressive or Democrat here tell me on this board that our efforts on social issues are unimportant and ...373 comments 334 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE We Now Join Bomb Train Bingo Already in Progress... Bingo Caller: The next oil car derailment is…the Kanawha River near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. Again, that's ...78 comments 60 Recs
- Americans haven't been this ignorant of the reality of what is going on in Iraq since 2003. A new poll show that 62% of Americans support putting 'boots on the ground' in Iraq to fight ISIS ...137 comments 110 Recs
- One week ago, BeninSC posted a diary noting that the Republicans are "a party of Orwellian deception" and urging us to ...shine the biggest light on the superiority of Democratic morality. Of doing ...255 comments 733 Recs
- Tom and Georgia Barnett in the car they won. Tom and Georgia Barnett own and operate 24 Burger King stores and were recently awarded "Franchisee of the Year" by Burger King, an award given for ...72 comments 202 Recs
- This will be a very brief diary, but you have to see this, it's hilarious! The video originally appeared in the Mirror in the UK, and today it was in the Daily Mail. The article is here . ...41 comments 126 Recs
- FOLLOW @RubenBolling on Twitter and ...52 comments 77 Recs
- Excerpt: "So how does the raising of upstanding, moral children work without prayers at mealtimes and morality lessons at Sunday school? Quite well, it seems. Far from being dysfunctional, ...108 comments 74 Recs
- In Vermont, an eighth-grade girl who was studying Latin wrote a letter to the Minority Leader of the Vermont Senate suggesting that Vermont should have a Latin motto, in addition to -- but not ...354 comments 407 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.