You can click here to add your name:Tom Corbett killed 4 people today.
In fact, as of today, February 11, he has killed 168 people. That’s according to a new study by researchers at the Harvard Medical School and the City University of New York.
According to the study, Tom Corbett’s refusal to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act will result in 1,491 deaths this year.
Why is Corbett turning down federal funding for Medicaid expansion? Because he is playing politics over Obamacare in an election year. He wants to turn Medicaid over to his corporate insurance friends and impose illegal restrictions on who can be covered.
Every day Corbett delays the expansion of Medicaid in Pennsylvania 4 more people will die.
Expanded Medicaid coverage will not only prevent deaths, it will increase employment in Pennsylvania. A Families USA study showed that expanded coverage will result in over 40,000 new jobs in PA.
It’s time for Tom Corbett to stop playing politics with our lives.
Tell Tom Corbett: Expand Medicaid now without any gimmicks or conditions.
MoveOn.org & Keystone Progress are teaming up to put the pressure on Tea Party Governor Tom Corbett (R. PA) to expand Medicaid in Pennsylvania:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...14 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 18 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.140 comments 85 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...83 comments 168 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 71 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...30 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.